Jim Hatt - RIP

Moderator: Jim_b

GeorgeW
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jim Hatt

Post by GeorgeW »

Farewell my friend. Your company will be missed.
sardude

Re: Jim Hatt - RIP

Post by sardude »

Jim was a good man, honest, forthright. An encyclopedia of knowledge for our beloved Supes. adios amigo. I will remember you when I trudge the hills.
Rick from Kali

Post by Rick from Kali »

Rest In Peace Jim. my first trip into the supes this winter i will be thinking of you. thanks for all the information and help.
Rick
sardude

Post by sardude »

silent hunter, could you please contact me at . I would appreciate it. sardude
Last edited by sardude on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gollum

Post by gollum »

When Jim was first diagnosed I was very nervous. When he sent me a DVD with a bunch of info he had gathered over the years I knew time was short. Jim was private about his illness, and I respected that.

Jim was always there to help when I was stuck on something. He shared information and advice freely. I agree that I always thought he would be the one to hit on something if anybody was going to. He just wasn't given enough time I am sad to say.

We mourn OUR loss. I don't think Jim would want to dwell on it too much. Just hitch up yer pants and get back on the trail.

In the long great tradition of Dutch/Stone Map Hunters, Jim has stepped aside and made room for someone else to go on. Until someone finally has that "AHA!" moment that is the way it will continue.

I will miss Jim Hatt.

Mike
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

I am hiking to Jims camp in the morning..........Words are not worth using for me to say how sad this makes me!

Best Kurt
gollum

Post by gollum »

Kurt,

I will say this; in my life, and my many years in the field in both the US Navy and the US Army, I have seen a lot of death. Of all the horrible things I have seen and done, I have shed tears for VERY FEW. Today I cried for Jim Hatt. More for me going to miss him than for Jim himself.

I've been bedridden for a week with viral pneumonia. I got up today to see this. As much as I knew it was coming, I just never expected it to finally come to this for that old SOB and our friend.

One thing I feel very strongly about is that whomever Jim entrusted with all his knowledge and research had BETTER use it and advance it. They are standing on very big shoulders. Jim was privy to a lot of information that is still secret to most people in the world. I don't know if he loaded up one person or parceled out what he had to different people. I have more to say about Jim, but that will have to come later.

Mike
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Mike,
Jim passed his stuff on to me.....
gollum

Post by gollum »

Glad to hear it. I know you will do right by him.

Mike
coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Kurt,

Jim sure made the right choice when he decided to leave you all his findings, that is a real honor.

I never felt so much grief for someone I never met. I had plans to visit Jim just as soon as I was able to make it that way. He would always send me crazy, or eye opening material that he would come across on the web. To be called "Buddy" by such a figure, sure made one feel good.

I also learned a thing or two from Jim, and feel I am a better man because of him. I used to be to quick to judge others without walking at least a few steps in their shoes, some whose shoes I could never fill.

Yes, that "Arizona Drifter" was a man's man. I know he will be looking out for us out there in those Salt Mountains.

Homar P. Olivarez