Jim Hatt - RIP

Moderator: Jim_b

silent hunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jim Hatt - RIP

Post by silent hunter »

Homer,
I too at one time put off hiking with Jim...But he would not take no for a answer.....So that is how Jim and I became friends. Jim, Doris Myself and my wife Tami, would hang out at the Hittching Post and have some drinks and dance to some good country music. Jim and Doris could tear up the dance floor, Jims signature slid on the floor dance move got the crowd going. He was fun on and off the trail.....I will sure miss him..

Kurt Painter
Exploration Fawcett

Post by Exploration Fawcett »

I am deeply sorry and sad to hear about Jim passing away. May God bless Doris and all his family.

Rest in peace my friend Jim.

George
AshtonPage

Post by AshtonPage »

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jim. He was always willing to take time to help me whenever I hit an impasse and more than once he got me back on the right track. Should I ever be fortunate enough to discover the location of the LDM, it will be because Jim pointed me in the right direction.

Ashton
gzymet

Post by gzymet »

I met Jim a few years ago when I was researching The Stones for a fictional story I'm working on. I was nervous at first. He was quiet and guarded but there was this spark, where I could see he wanted to share. The fact that he agreed to meet with me and let me to stay in the Winnebago on his property told me he was a generous man.

He didn't come right out and tell me things. He wanted me to think for myself. He wanted me to earn anything he'd tell me. He was insistent on what he believed in but game to hear theories and ideas if he thought you knew what you were talking about. When he started to trust me, I saw another side to him -- like a kid. He loved to tell a good yarn and emphasize the dramatic moments. I learned the most from his stories and what he passed on just being with him in the mountains.

Sometimes he put me on my toes a little bit, but in the end he always surprised me with his generosity. I approached Jim for research and ended up getting a friend. He gave me his time, opened up his house, let me ride his horse and took me on several small adventures I won't forget.

My very best to Doris who was equally generous and all those who got a chance to know him and miss him.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Tom Kollenborn has written a good article about his and our friend Jim Hatt.
Kudos Tom.

http://www.ajnews.com/vol15/112111/1121_com_AJNW_A8.pdf

Regards:Somehiker
rr-electricangel

Post by rr-electricangel »

When I first spoke on this forum I had already heard of Jim. He was like a "legend" to me in the sense he had put so much time into looking for the LDM. I am grateful for his open comments and will really miss his ability to listen to new ideas. His best comment to me was "Definitely "Food for thought" there rr! The best people you meet in life are those that give you encouragement. Jim was definitely one of the best...

Rest in Peace Jim.

sincerely, David Labay
condoraz

Post by condoraz »

I am definitely missing that rascal, Jim Hatt! Whether we were on the "mountain", or we were sitting together pouring over the maps and pictures we took, or cooking on the barbie....I am gonna miss him for a long, long time. The best thing is knowing that he finally GOT IT!!!.... deciphered the Stone Maps... a goal that made him glow that last 6 months... even through the pain and mental anguish! Figuring those maps out was even higher on his list sometimes than treading over the mine tailings. The one man that God knows, walked the walk, and not just talked it!

Via Con Dios, Mi Amigo!

Condoraz
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

condoraz wrote:I am definitely missing that rascal, Jim Hatt! Whether we were on the "mountain", or we were sitting together pouring over the maps and pictures we took, or cooking on the barbie....I am gonna miss him for a long, long time. The best thing is knowing that he finally GOT IT!!!.... deciphered the Stone Maps... a goal that made him glow that last 6 months... even through the pain and mental anguish! Figuring those maps out was even higher on his list sometimes than treading over the mine tailings. The one man that God knows, walked the walk, and not just talked it!

Via Con Dios, Mi Amigo!

Condoraz
Condoraz
As Jim said to many others,so I"ll say now! Jim better have a hand full of gold before I,ll believe that story.

Babymick1
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Why would someone whom has found gold in abundance within the supes show another man??? Babymic there are a million reasons why not to......There are no reasons to show.....

Kurt Painter
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Please keep in mind the topic of this thread - it's meant as a memorial to Jim Hatt and I don't want to see it sway into discussions of who found what, how, when or why.

Feel free to start a new topic for those sorts of discussions.

Thanks