"RESCUE ON BATTLEAXE ROAD" BY JIM HATT.....

Moderator: Jim_b

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: "RESCUE ON BATTLEAXE ROAD" BY JIM HATT.....

Post by somehiker »

Joe:

Since there was no reason for the Jesuit Order to set foot within the Supe's, I am inclined to agree with your assessment.

But your failure to find any connection between the order itself and the Supe's does not eliminate the possibility of a Jesuit origin for the stones.Or that such a connection did once exist.

The presence of Christian symbolism on the stones,and the evidence that the Jesuits used these symbols long before the stones were made public may also be considered circumstantial. But the fact that they appear both on the stones and in Jesuit works does suggest a link between the stones and someone familiar with the symbology used by Jesuits.This does not mean someone other than a Jesuit may have carved the stones,but we ALL use circumstantial links in part,to formulate our theories.

"it would follow that I don't put any stock in your theory, especially since it seems to need the Latin Heart and some mysterious unknown/unseen additions to the Stone Maps."

My theory like your own,does not require the Latin Heart in order to find the exact location of the heart pocket on the Trail Stones.Nor does it require,contrary to your assertions, the creation of any "mysterious unknown/unseen additions" to any of the stones.

But my theory does...unlike your own... account for the suitability of both a removable primary heart (suggesting a hiding place under the heart)as well as the existence of geographical features which match the descriptions of those listed upon the Latin Heart (allowing anyone in possession of the L/H to re-locate other resources which may have been useful to a recovery team).

Regards:Wayne
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

All,

Here is the complete set of Larry Wright's pictures of the scrapings and the area around them:

Some of these photos are the same as I posted before, but some are new.

Joe Ribaudo
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

A G/E view same as the fourth photo above....

BoyceNoun

Post by BoyceNoun »

Is seems that so many place good for metal detecting. thanks for sharing us this.
Last edited by BoyceNoun on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Personally, I would search the area around the hill and toward the river for a campsite which may have been used while the markings were being made. There may be date-able artifacts still present.
I suspect the markings were originally made using quick lime, in a manner similar to that once used for marking sports fields.
The layout of the heart and upside-down L matches a plan view of a location in the mountains that I was surveying last week.

coazon de oro

Post by coazon de oro »

Howdy Somehiker,

On the second to the last picture that Joe posted, there appears to be a man made marking. It is between the opening, and the left side of the picture, and above on the red wall. Seems like a round head open arms, and robed body, or it could be a cross.

Is this the cross you drew, or am I just seeing elephants? :?

Homar
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Homar:

No, the cross is a large and prominent depressed area on the sloping side of a 45' x 70' heart shaped dome of what appears to be solid volcanic tuff.
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

This is one of several photos from different vantage points, which prompted my trip to Arizona three weeks ago, despite the record heat. That week had several surprises in store.

...A sat view of the above (arrow shows the direction of photo)
Area shown is about 200 ft square.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Both the photo above and the sat view are of what lies directly above this particular view.
This answers my question as to why there is a faint cross between the two vertical lines on the boulder.

Last edited by somehiker on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

Somehiker
DO you have any close up photo's of the carts, That's really interesting, A few years back up on Killdeer MT, I found a similar thing but it was to rotted away to far to tell what they were, Now you seam to make it all to clear, The one's I found seamed to have small wheels on a rail with buffalo hide, as if they were to be pulled by a horse or a mule, or that's what I guessed there purpose was, But I'd really like to see a picture of your find it would put my mind in tune with what I thought these things were.

Well thanks for the info and it would be nice for you to post a picture,

Wrmickel1
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

I did get a large number of close up shots when I was there three weeks ago.
But I will have to hold back on posting them for a bit. By posting this one, I'm hoping that any who may see it might be reminded of something they heard or read about in the past. Might help to understand more when we get the chance to go back in cooler temps.....SH.