WHY DO PEOPLE READ ABOUT TREASURES BUT DON'T SEARCH OR RESPO

Moderator: Jim_b

thehunter
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

WHY DO PEOPLE READ ABOUT TREASURES BUT DON'T SEARCH OR RESPO

Post by thehunter »

Is it the search and hide people with their own secret digging site? The couch potato who is afraid to respond for fear we find out there in their treasure hunt seat?Maybe it's the self felt professional that doesn't want to lower themselves to simple questions ? I wish more woman would respond but they might feel uncomfortable. Some see people writing their opinions. And they are ridiculed and they fear the same response.Am I knowledgeable to enter the arena or should I read another 50 books.hey! I'm not going to give lectures on treasure hunting, anyway somebody has covered that sobject 10 years ago let the newby look it up.WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Goldrushexpeditions

Re: WHY DO PEOPLE READ ABOUT TREASURES BUT DON'T SEARCH OR R

Post by Goldrushexpeditions »

I've know miners who are secretive about their mines, the location and how much money they are pulling out of their mines. They will read up and do their homework, but keep quiet when it comes to sharing information.

Then I bet there are a lot of novices that come to this site to learn. Prospecting is a hobby they want to take up someday, but they just haven't found the time, but it's fun to dream about. I know there are a few hobbies that I dream about, but I just haven't taken up yet. For novices it's hard to really add value to conversations if they don't have a lot of experience. They risk coming off as ignorant, and unfortunately people aren't as nice online as they would be to your face.

Also, there is the technology barrier for some. A respectable percentage of people who get into prospecting are in their late 50's to their mid 60's. Many are computer savvy, but some aren't comfortable enough on the computer to join forums, and although they have a lot of knowledge to share they don't participate.

GRE, Inc.
www.goldrushexpeditions.com
goldrush@goldrushexpeditions.com
thehunter

Post by thehunter »

GOLDRUSHEXPEDITIONS,I'm glad you responded, your right and I hope others read this. We won't bite, I have an illness and my grammer is effected by it.some made fun but the majority had patience. GET INVOLVED, it's fun.
eunderhill

Post by eunderhill »

I can't say for most people, but I am more interested in the history of the Superstitions and the LDM than I am in actually finding the mine. If I really wanted to get gold, I think I'd join one of those mining clubs and do some placer mining in an area where gold is known to be found such as the Bumble Bee-Crown King area. Some of those that read here only might be only interested in the history or even just the stories more than anything else.