Howdy all!

Moderator: Jim_b

coyotegal
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Howdy all!

Post by coyotegal »

New member here who grew up in Arizona and have been rock hounding as far back as I can remember. I used to live in Florence Junction as a young girl and several years in a row, an old guy with a big white beard and suspenders leading a mule that pulled a little wagon would come by and my mom would pay him to take my sis and my picture sitting on the wagon... I used to think he was the lost Dutchman until someone finally broke it to me that the Lost Dutchman had passed long before. Still, I have always been interested in the idea and over the past few years, I have been researching the Lost Dutchman's stories, which to say the least, has kept me entertained and out of trouble...(mostly..lol) I'm glad I found this forum because everyone around my house is tired of hearing my theories and looking at the various rocks I pick up from time to time.... ;p)....
Anyways, Just wanted to introduce myself before I even attempt to join in the conversation... Happy Hunting all!
coazon de oro

Re: Howdy all!

Post by coazon de oro »

Well Howdy right back at you coyotegal,

And welcome to DUSA. I am a Texan, and have an interest in the LDM legend. Always nice to hear new theories, it's amazing how many, and how different they all are. It does get kind of slow here, so it is nice to find a new post every now and then.

Homar P. Olivarez
coyotegal

Post by coyotegal »

Well thanks for the reply!

I agree, there are so many different versions of the LDM story, it's almost mind boggling. I haven't come up with any new theories on the story, but I have been doing alot of research over the last year because I thought it would be interesting to search using google earth. I have come up with a location, which I will reveal soon, not that it's THE location, just what I came up after putting it all together in my own mind - the stories, the Peralta Maps, various other maps, etc. Mostly I found the location I chose by using the death bed confession. I had already found that location when I learned about the Peralta Stone Maps. They blew my mind because they were so relevant to my choice of location. Again, I plan on posting it as I know even if it was the right and true spot, there is no way I'm ever going to be able to go out there and get that gold...lol.. I am planning a trek into the supes next weekend. I am not sure I will make it as far as I want to go this trip as I am not in the best shape for a miles long hike, but I am strong headed so that might help.. I'm sure things won't look the same as they do on google earth and I have to prove that to myself.....lol....
Anyways, I'm gonna keep reading through all the stuff here. Lots of interesting posts to keep me busy for a while.
Have a great weekend, now!
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

Welcome to DesertUSA -- coyotegal!

Now you know the rules ;)
You must post a picture of those fabulous rock finds of yours
in the Rock Hounding section.
We need all the support we can get !!!
Seriously...mostly :lol:

Hope to catch you on the rock hounding trail !

roc