Forrest Fenn’s hidden Gold

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Forrest Fenn’s hidden Gold

Post by Jim_b »

Five years ago, Santa Fe resident Forrest Fenn hid the chest somewhere in New Mexico after stocking it with coins, diamonds, sapphires, rubies and gold nuggets whose value has been estimated as high as $2 million dollars.

http://www.desertusa.com/dusablog/treas ... -gold.html
PirateWhoDontDoNada
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Forrest Fenn’s hidden Gold

Post by PirateWhoDontDoNada »

I’ve been to NM a couple of times looking for the Forrest Fenn treasure, but now I like the idea of doing treasure hunts with no travel expenses or blisters from hikes. So I’m looking for treasure hunts I can do from home, like online treasure hunts. I was recently told about a mobile app that just started what they call a virtual nationwide treasure hunt that I asked questions about on other forums I found on the web. Soon after asking my questions, I went ahead and installed the app on my phone. The app is starting off its first treasure hunt with a prize worth only $5 but say they will increase the “treasure” as the number of participants increases and that they will continue to hold them if there seems to be interest in the idea. So now I’m posting to let people know about the app to see if the prize really will increase when more people get involved. So if you want to treasure hunt for free (I spent a few hundred bucks on each of my NM trips) and are lazy like me, check it out. Here’s what I know about it:

The US Mapcyclopedia app on the Google Play Store at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.usmapcyclopedia&hl=en recently announced a virtual nationwide treasure hunt. They chose one of around 136,000 location listings in their app and marked it “You Win”. The first person to find the winning location in the app and email them the name or a screenshot of the location will get a $5 Amazon gift card. The first clue came out a couple days ago and said, "The treasure is buried somewhere in this app at a longitude > -96 degrees". More clues are supposed to be provided about every week. The app is currently only available for Android devices but they say it will be available for Apple soon.
So, if you're interested in a stay-at-home treasure hunt, try searching around in this new app. I think it was originally meant to be a travel information app, so it does have some interesting info about some of the location listings and it’s a FREE app! Also, share it with anyone you know who might be interested in something like this. Thanks!