Q&A'S - COMPLAINTS - NO SPECIFIC TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: Q&A'S - COMPLAINTS - NO SPECIFIC TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Post by Jim Hatt »

Steve,

In my opinion, you will build your best foundation of knowledge, about the Lost Dutchman Mine, by reading the following five books. There is very little, if any "Fluff" in them, and these authors really went the extra mile to attempt to verify their information. It is a rare occasion when you find anything, in any other books that was not already presented in one of these. Even the last one by Helen Corbin, rehashes a lot of the old information, but it does present some new information, that cannot be found anywhere else.

The Lost Dutchman - Sims Ely - 1953
The Killer Mountains - Kurt Gentry -1968
The Sterling Legend - Estee Conatser - 1972
Tales of the Superstitions - Robert Blair - 1975
The Curse of the Dutchman's Gold - Helen Corbin - 1990

Jim
steveevh5150
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by steveevh5150 »

Jim,

Thank you very much for your advice on these books. I actually made it a point today, before I got your reply, to get Sims Ely's book. It should be here in a couple days and I can't wait to get to read it. HAHA, nobody was joking about maybe having to pay a little money in order to get it. But to me, it's well worth it. The others will be added to my books here shortly. Your advice has been greatly appreciated!! You're a gentleman and a scholar my friend!

Steve
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

steveevh5150 wrote: You're a gentleman and a scholar my friend!

Just remember you said that when you get "Hooked", and are out there in the mountains, in triple digit temperatures, with only a half a canteen of warm water left, and it is still 4 more miles back to where you parked your truck! :mrgreen:
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Jim Hatt wrote:Actually djui, Prospecting is legal within the Superstition Wilderness Area.
Whoops, thanks for correcting me.
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

There is a old saying amoung fortune hunters-As long as a man believes there is a treasure to be found,he will be the one to find it!!!!!!!All the books i have read and countless articles or advice,has at best taken me into country that no man would care to return.But there i must continue because i believe without doubt and I will find again what i believe without doubt.
steveevh5150

Post by steveevh5150 »

What and where is the best place or site to get topographic or quadrangle maps for the Superstition area or any older topos of that area??
steveevh5150

Post by steveevh5150 »

Jim,

Much appreciated on those links for the Topos! Thank you. In the mean time, I wanted to post some photos of a few artifacts I found not far from my back yard when I was about 15. I found them near a river in my home town, which is about 15 minutes from downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The river is called the Cuyahoga. In the native's of the area's language, it meant "Crooked" River. The Natives that were around here were the Erie, Kickapoo and Shawnee. Others were throughout the Ohio Valley. Thought they were worth sharing. I was pumped when I first found them, and after I cleaned them off, they were beautiful!

Hope ya like em!!
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steveevh5150

Post by steveevh5150 »

Here's a couple more shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
javaone

Post by javaone »

Nice info on the "Spot-1" Jim, I will be looking into that...

I've tried to find where you wrote about the stuff you have been taking for your knees, but can't seem to find it. I am a 40 percent disabled Vet, most of which IS my knees. I wear braces when I hike, but manage to get along.
Would like to know what it is (the stuff), and is it still working?

Thanks in Advance

Jerry