enjoying the new site

Moderator: Jim_b

Sandman

Re: enjoying the new site

Post by Sandman »

Welcome back. I'm enjoying this new forum......treasure hunting and all. While gold is alluring, there are many other elements and minerals to be found and prospecting is a great excuse to get some exersize. Shining Sun, if you wish to have your old handle contact the management here on DUSA. I'm sure they will help you.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

[quote="Sandman"] While gold is alluring, there are many other elements and minerals to be found and prospecting is a great excuse to get some exersize.

Quite true. My friend in Austin "Makes Bank" on selling flourite and turquoise to the tourists. His also sells bulk turquoise to jewelers who pay him quite well for it. There's lots of money in rocks I'm learning.
Ghost
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Ghost »

Total newbie here. Nice site!
I've lived in Tucson for the better part of 40 years. I have recently moved to an Arizona ghost town with lots of old mines and few hardy souls still scratching away. I'm intrigued by the forum section on mines, Jesuits and so forth. I have been reading up and get more curious with each story and account. I have purchased some used mineral books and have done some exploring in the area but the real lure for me is the history of the 16th century explorers of this area.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Ghost wrote:Total newbie here. Nice site!
I've lived in Tucson for the better part of 40 years. I have recently moved to an Arizona ghost town with lots of old mines and few hardy souls still scratching away. I'm intrigued by the forum section on mines, Jesuits and so forth. I have been reading up and get more curious with each story and account. I have purchased some used mineral books and have done some exploring in the area but the real lure for me is the history of the 16th century explorers of this area.
Welcome - there are some really interesting discussions and some pretty knowledgeable people here, so spend some time reading through some of the stuff and feel free to ask questions.
Oldscout

Post by Oldscout »

Hi all. Haven't been around for a while. New site looks better than ever. Good job!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Glad to have you here Oldscout!

Make yourself comfortable and hang around a while.
A man using the name "Oldscout" is bound to have some interesting stories to share.

Best,

Jim