Contest is over - Meet the winner!

Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Contest is over - Meet the winner!

Post by Space Cowboy »

CactusGulch, it happened just that way. Mind you, my original draft was four thousand words long, and I had to whittle it down, but actually, its a better story for it.

I had correspondence from someone who was related to some of the children. I can't find her name right now, but she wrote me:

David John Lewis and Mary Morgan were, in fact, related. David John Lewis's father, John Gibson Lewis, was a half-brother to the mother of Mary Morgan, Olive Matilda Lewis Morgan.

John Gibson Lewis was the son of David Lewis and his (plural) wife Ellen Gibson Lewis. Olive Matilda Lewis Morgan was the daughter of David Lewis and his (plural) wife, Mary Gibson Lewis. Ellen and Mary Gibson Lewis were sisters.

There's a link at the bottom of the article that takes you to the Elko Rose Garden Society that has more pix of the cemetery and even a poem written to the children.
yuccahead

Post by yuccahead »

CactusGulch wrote:Yuccahead - pretty cool story, too. Phew! You've had some adventures!

I agree with the comment about needing more contestants.
Thanks CactusGulch, I certainly enjoted yours as well. I'm thinking we made it a little tough on any one else to enter. After all didn't W.C. Fields say something about following kids and dogs? :D
Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Found the name of the lady who wrote me with info on the Toana children: Aletta Moore. If anyone has any way for me to contact this lady, since she contacted me through another site that denied me the ability to simply write her back, I'd be appreciative.