Military Trail through the Superstitions

Moderator: somehiker

Yehonadav
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Military Trail through the Superstitions

Post by Yehonadav »

Yeah the slider is very sensitive just like most other things on Google Earth lol. But it did make certain features stand out when you had the sun very low on either horizon. It also enabled you to see a little more detail when zoomed in close. Just my observations there lol.
roward
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: THE BARK NOTES on - The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by roward »

Well, I still think if we could establish what Waltz meant when he referred to the "military trail", we'd have a lot better idea of where to look. I just have a gut feeling that Tom Kollenborn's First Water, etc. trail is the one Waltz referred to. I really hope to get to Arizona next Spring and hike in the Superstitions, and that would be the first place I'd check out. I haven't been able to track down Waltz's or someones (maybe it was one of the subsequent finders of the mine) quote about having gone too far if you pass the 3 red hills, but since they are along that trail cited by Kollenborn, it seems to make sense to look there.
Jim Hatt

Re: Military Trail through the Superstitions

Post by Jim Hatt »

roward,

Hi Bob,

Over the years, I have observed that every Dutch-Hunter/Researcher seems to attach himself to a favorite clue, as the one he believes is the single most important one, to base his search on.

It looks like you have found yours!

You certainly could have done worse.

"Busca El Coazon" my friend.

Jim