Motorcycling In The Desert

Moderator: Jim_b

vladmax
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Motorcycling In The Desert

Post by vladmax »

Does anyone ride in this group? I LOVE the southwestern states and enjoy motorcycling tremendously! Would be nice to set up a ride sometime with a similarly interested group! :D Perhaps some canyon runs or mountain routes. Live to ride, ride to live as they...we...say! :!:
angularius

Re: Motorcycling In The Desert

Post by angularius »

Sorry, I don't motorcycle. My friend might get a harley though. ;)
Mike C.

Post by Mike C. »

Vladmax, you did not specify----pavement or dirt? :?: Mike C.
vladmax

Post by vladmax »

I've done both but right now pavement with long, interesting canyons, scenic vistas and mountain twisties are my delight! :roll: Anyone?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Try http://my2wheels.com It is mostly dualsport rides out of the Vegas area but there are some slab rides and members in surrounding states also. I am TommyDinBFE on there...

http://ADVRider.com is a huge website but they have great ride reports and route info.

I would be willing to do slab only rides as long as it's scenic and not in heavy traffic.
desert wanderer
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by desert wanderer »

That advrider.com is an excellent website! I have a friend who toured up in the area around the Nevada, Idaho, and Oregon border after he read a trip report on that area. The trip was a combination of good dirt roads and paved.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

That advrider.com is an excellent website! I have a friend who toured up in the area around the Nevada, Idaho, and Oregon border after he read a trip report on that area. The trip was a combination of good dirt roads and paved.-desert wanderer
They have a section with a bunch of GPX files that are very handy even if you aren't on a motorcycle.
rockdude

Post by rockdude »

vladmax wrote:Does anyone ride in this group? I LOVE the southwestern states and enjoy motorcycling tremendously! Would be nice to set up a ride sometime with a similarly interested group! :D Perhaps some canyon runs or mountain routes. Live to ride, ride to live as they...we...say! :!:
What group? It don't matter, I ride both and I do have a Harley.