Real Or Fake?

Goldseeker

Re: Real Or Fake?

Post by Goldseeker »

[quote="reptilist"]Image

Goldilocks, is that you?

I believe your conversation with the cop verifies this correlation: the bigger the gun the bigger the fear. There is no sense in choosing a .454 Casull...Or even a .44 mag. The recoil will slow you down a lot. You would be better off firing 12 quick 9mm shots than one .454...You'd miss a charging animal either way, but stand a better chance of hitting it with more shots. Bear spray is best because I'm not going to miss.[/quote)

No, reptilicus, its not me. Maybe its a self-portrait. I know the cop for 20+ years, he is fearless. How do you know I'd miss. You dont aim with a pistol, you point. I'l still take the bigger round. Heck, reptilicus, maybe a Bushmaster.
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:Goldseeker I would question your choice of firearm for it's stated purpose, but I understand where Mel's coming from. I can understand the interest in having knock-down power, and perhaps a larger caliber would be desirable, but the weapon you're interested in has only (5) rounds. Are you absolutely certain that you can hit what you're aiming at when you're in fear for your life with only (5) rounds? Ask Mel how many officer involved shootings had the officer (or officers) missing the bad guy with x number of rounds, and from a very short distance. Why, because under stress and in a dangerous situation your aim (if you have a chance to aim) may be way off the mark. This stress and fear is similar to what you would feel if under attack by a Lion. I'm not suggesting this should be your choice, but I carry a 40 cal. semi-auto with a (10) round clip and using hydra-shock rounds. I feel that this would serve my purpose if needed.

Yeah, that .40 is a good choice. I am not getting a .454, I'm just saying its the ultimate in sidearm stopping power. In fact, a couple years back, a girl used one and won a target shooting competition with it. She also hunts grizzly's in Alaska. A 12 guage is best, but hard to carry in desert mountains. Maybe I will just have reptile scout ahead with his *bear spray* :lol:
Last edited by Goldseeker on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

TradClimber wrote:Image

Ha Ha. Lions too :lol:
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Anyway, back to the OP. Is it real or fake?
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by reptilist »

I have heard the lions get that big in Columbia.
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Texas too ;)
Jerry Feldner

Post by Jerry Feldner »

This>>>Mountain Lion Facts - Appearance

"Mountain lions require a lot of room—only a few cats can survive in a 30-square-mile (78-square-kilometer) range. They are solitary and shy animals, seldom seen by humans. While they do occasionally attack people—usually children or solitary adults—statistics show that, on average, there are only four attacks and one human fatality each year in all of the U.S. and Canada.

Fast Facts
Type: Mammal
Diet: Carnivore
Size: Head and body, 3.25 to 5.25 ft (1 to 1.6 m); Tail, 23.5 to 33.5 in (60 to 85 cm)
Weight: 136 lbs (62 kg)
Protection status: Endangered
Size relative to a 6-ft (2-m) man:
Illustration of the animal's relative size"

Comes from this >>> http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... -lion.html

And this>>> "Physical Characteristics - Adult mountain lions usually measure between 2' and 2.5' at the shoulders, weigh between 75 to 120 pounds, and are between five to nine feet long from head to tail."

Comes from this >>> http://www.totalwildlifecontrol.com/mou ... bitat.html

And this >>> "Mountain Lion Facts - Appearance

Adult mountain lions generally are a solid red or brown color. This permits them great camouflage while stalking their prey in the desert, through mountainous regions and in forests.

Its ears and tails generally have black tips.

Full grown male mountain lions can weigh upwards of 150 pounds and be 8 feet long, including tail. Females are smaller and weigh around 80 pounds."

Comes from this>>> http://www.glacier-national-park-travel ... facts.html

I found all this on Google Results 1 - 10 of about 222,000 for mountain lion facts. (0.21 seconds)
raptor7

Post by raptor7 »

Goldseeker, I would be happy to explain the deise of Timmothy Treadwell with you off site, doubt if anyone else is interested, he knew better, should have never happened. Caused the death of two grizzlies for his mistake :(
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Lot's of stuff on Timothy Treadwell on the Internet. Here's a site on the circumstances of his death if anyone's interested:

http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/Tim_Treadwell.html
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

PITD - Thanks for the link.

Sad story for two bears and two humans.

TC