Many Faces of Superstition Mountain

Post by Jim Hatt »

SUPERSTITION MOUNTAIN

Guz
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Many Faces of Superstition Mountain

Post by Guz »

Great shots Jim! Try one with a train in the frame as well (noticed the train tracks)

Guz
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

The train would have blocked the whole mountain Guz.

It is a reproduction of an old narrow guage steam engine with one passenger car and a caboose that goes around the Ghost-Town.

Jim
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

Great set of photos Jim. I really like the idea of revisiting a subject in different weather, times of the year, angles, etc. My dad has a huge (about 4x6 ft.) photo in his house that looks a lot like your 3rd shot. He's had that poster as long as I can remember, nearly 50 yrs.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Thanks YH, but I can't take credit for anything but posting the photos. They were taken by ye better-half when she worked at a gift-shop in the Goldfield Ghost-Town.

She was there about 2 years and used to go out on the porch about 3 times a day for a smoke break, and always took her camera with her.

It is amazing how that mountain changes all day long as the sun moves across the sky. If you took a photo of it every 60 minutes from sunup to sundown, you would really see the many faces of Superstition Mountain.

I will pass your kind words on to her. She will appreciate them!

Jim

roward
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by roward »

Hi, Jim,
I'm just getting into this forum, after spending so much time on the Dutchman. I'm a big photography buff-have over 700 shots on Flickr, although I realize that quantity doesn't necessarily equate with quality. Have to leave that evaluation up to the viewer. Anyway, about how far are the mountains from the place the pictures were taken? Also, from that vantage point, where would the Bark Ranch (or cow house, if you assume that's what Waltz was referring to) be? I assume in the center or right of center of the range.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Bob,

The mountain is about 8 miles from where the photo was taken. Bark's Ranch (Quarter Circle-U) is not in the photo. It is on the other side of the mountain that you see in the photo.

That is Superstition Mountain. The "Superstition Wilderness" Area is behind it.

Jim