Friends of Giant Rock find ordinance change acceptable.

Sal

Re: Friends of Giant Rock find ordinance change acceptable.

Post by Sal »

Why not suggest that law enforcement or concerrned citizens take down the license plate numbers of the parked trucks???
by Brew

It's like this Brew. Just observing the trucks can't prove that the riders broke the laws. Following tire tracks onto illegal routes is not admissible as evidence in court. Catch 22. The riders win again.
Mike
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Mike »

Sal Said
COW counts with several hundred members and supporters…

That’s true only if you count everyone COW claims to be affiliated with…
Sierra Club
Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility
Alliance for Responsible Recreation
California Wilderness Coalition
Trust for Public Lands
Morongo Basin Conservation Associaton
Starry Nights
Natural Trails & Waters Coalition
Wildlands Center for Preventing Roads
The Wilderness Society
The Desert Protective Council
Earthjustice

A handful of politically active COWs are members of the groups listed above (as well as well as some groups they don’t list).
But I would think that the relationship between COW and some of the less radical groups on their list might be a little strained lately because of COWS apparent association with such extremist organizations as Earth First, the Communist Party and Liars Club International LOL. Thats not even counting any alternate lifstyle social clubs.

As far as the President's Day report--you can find hours of serene beauty in the Morongo Valley. It's the hours of loud vehicular violence that tear up the scenery and ruin people's days...Just because you can find a day of low OHV mischief doesn't discount the myriads of reports by innocent residents trying to enjoy their precious free time in their homes.

Nonsense!
Sour grapes!
And “innocent residents” my eye, the reports are mostly from COW and mostly false. Furthermore there is no “myriads of reports” in any public record.

People have been enjoying their homes in this area for over one hundred years. OHV nuisance is a newcomer that is getting progressively worse. There has not been even one example of successfully regulating OHV use to protect the integrity of the land, wildlife and residents' rights. When you can show me a program that works, I will support it.

100 years?

Your entire post should have been under “Typical COW Bull!

The Dept. of Interior did not even make those lands available to the public until 1937. Most of the cabins weren’t built until the fifties and all sorts of off road vehicles, mostly modified automobiles, were used from the very beginning because the rudimentary roads of the time were too sandy for the family sedan to get anywhere but stuck!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Sal wrote:
Why not suggest that law enforcement or concerrned citizens take down the license plate numbers of the parked trucks???
by Brew

It's like this Brew. Just observing the trucks can't prove that the riders broke the laws. Following tire tracks onto illegal routes is not admissible as evidence in court. Catch 22. The riders win again.
Sal, have you ever once stopped to think about why the "riders win again"? Perhaps it's because what they are doing is legal, law enforcement has no reason to harrass them, and the harrassment they endure at the hands of you and your friends in COW actually amounts to the only actionable activities in the area?

Perhaps.

I think one good thing that has come from 3973 is that it has placed a spotlight on the true intent and activities of off-roaders in Wonder Valley, as well as shined a high intensity spotlight on those who dishonestly attempt to disparage the off-roaders and their collective reputations. It is a matter of fact that there is a huge disparity between what the COWs claim repeatedly, and what law enforcement findings uncover as facts on the ground. Law enforcement knows exactly what's going on here, and it's largely the reason for their lack of response to such complaints. Now the BOS knows that the COWs are full of manure. Funny how the truth always comes out given enough time for the facts to emerge from the swamp of lies.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Sal, have you ever once stopped to think about why the "riders win again"?
by Dan

of course I have Dan. It's just like "rapists win again" or "robbers win again". Law enforcement can't be there all the time and when you commit a crime and then run, it's hard to track down the perp.
castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by castle »

Sal wrote:
Sal, have you ever once stopped to think about why the "riders win again"?
by Dan

of course I have Dan. It's just like "rapists win again" or "robbers win again". Law enforcement can't be there all the time and when you commit a crime and then run, it's hard to track down the perp.
All you ever say is {and I paraphrase} "It can't be done". Can't track plate numbers, can't follow tracks, LEOs can't always be on scene, LEOs can't catch illegal riders, and on and on. Well in fact if it WAS a major problem you can damn well know they would catch them, they would trail them, they would put them in jail. You and all your bovine friends crying wolf do you more harm then good. You and the Clarabelle Crowd have no credibility in reporting illegal OHV use, only in stoping ALL OHV use.
Mike
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Mike »

Sal wrote...
As far as the President's Day report--you can find hours of serene beauty in the Morongo Valley.

It appears Sal doesn't know any more about my part of the woods than Sandman does!

No one goes to Morongo Valley to ride Sal.

You are a little confused but don’t let that ruin your story,
eh?