Wildflowers

KennyE

Wildflowers

Post by KennyE »

Can anyone tell me if there are currently any wildflowers blooming on or near Mt. Charleston, NV and, if so, where they are located?
Thanks!
Plays In The Dirt

Re: Wildflowers

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

KennyE wrote:Can anyone tell me if there are currently any wildflowers blooming on or near Mt. Charleston, NV and, if so, where they are located?
Thanks!
Kenny, I can't help you with Mt. Charleston but two weeks ago I was Photographing in the Valley Of Fire and the flowers and cactus were blooming there.
blackturtle.us
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by blackturtle.us »

KennyE wrote:Can anyone tell me if there are currently any wildflowers blooming on or near Mt. Charleston, NV and, if so, where they are located?
Thanks!
The higher you go the later the flowers bloom. I haven't been much above 5000 feet so far this spring and so I can't say for sure, but my guess is that there isn't a lot blooming at 11,000 feet just yet. Now is probably great in most places for 5000 to 8000 feet would be my guess. I'm getting ready to do more trips in 5000 to 8000 foot range for May and June and then I'll do trips to higher elevations after that... or at least that's the plan!
KennyE

Post by KennyE »

Thank you both for your reply's. I think I'll head up this Friday and check things out. If I discover anything interesting I'll post the info.