Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Sandman

Re: Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Post by Sandman »

I believe that the letter written by Mr Wenzel hits the nail squarely on the head. It's no secret that the OHV lobby has focused pressure on two County Supervisors that were not involved in the negotiated compromise that became Ord 3973. It is also very clear that the residents of rural San Bernardino County have been shut out of the "proposed changes" that have been negotiated behind closed doors between the OHV lobbyists and these two supervisors.

The ordinance exists for some very good reasons. How many individuals really wish to spend their Sunday mornings being subjected to a large gathering of people riding motorcycles and quads on the property next door?

This is the reason why we have designated OHV areas out on public lands. Families can congregate and ride all day and night if they wish and not bother a soul out there. There is an appropriate place and time for everything and the areas such as Johnson Valley. Rasor, El Mirage, Stoddard Valley, Dumont and others are the place for people to go and have fun riding.

Personally, my family and friends who own property and reside in San Bernardino County are calling our elected officials to express our opinions on this issue and oppose any changes. While myself and my neighbors remain free to operate our OHVs on our private lands, large groups of individuals are prevented from gathering for the purpose of OHV staging in our quiet rural neighborhood. Should a group of 10-20 individuals who do not reside in the neighborhood be allowed to come in and ride on a neighboring 5 acre parcel that is vacant? Where are they going to go once the thrill of riding around in a circle is over?

I believe ORD 3973 is good for the residents of rural San Bernardino County who wish to reside in a peaceful environment. The OHv areas are designated public lands where people can ride without disturbing people in their homes. There is no good reason that will compell a change to ORD 3973. Our neighborhoods are not race tracks in my opinion. For those who disagree, I respect your opinion and suggest you continue to enjoy OHV recreation in a way that is legal and responsible. There are plenty of legal OHV opportunities out there that do not involve disturbing rural desert residents.
Sal

Re: Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Post by Sal »

Where are they going to go once the thrill of riding around in a circle is over?

That's the real question, Sandman. Since riders can't be identified, once they get tired of riding on the private land where they may have permission, they just take off and ride over any and all neighboring lands. What's to stop them?