desert town to stop subsidizing Off-roaders

Sal

Re: desert town to stop subsidizing Off-roaders

Post by Sal »

The surrounding areas of Adelanto are illegal to ride but then again most people do anyways
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archiv ... 01574.html
Due to the increasing crowd size and amount of play riding in recent years, play riding will be restricted. Problem areas in recent years have been the vendor area, camping area, and the densely populated motocross section.
http://www.desertvipersmc.com/adelanto/agpfaq.shtml
Brew

Post by Brew »

Sal wrote:ADELANTO • This weekend’s 30th annual Adelanto Grand Prix will be the last, organizers announced early Monday.

“After 29 years of sun, rain, snow, dust, mud (lots of it), and a great relationship with the city of Adelanto, the Sheriff’s Department, the Fire Department, the Chamber of Commerce, our faithful vendors and most of all, the wonderful racers and fans, the Desert Vipers Motorcycle Club has decided to announce an end to the wonderful event we all know as the Adelanto Grand Prix,” reads a statement by Desert Vipers organizer Larry Engwall.
I wonder what Harvey Mushman would say if he was still around :cry:

Brew
castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by castle »

Sal wrote:
The surrounding areas of Adelanto are illegal to ride but then again most people do anyways
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archiv ... 01574.html

Due to the increasing crowd size and amount of play riding in recent years, play riding will be restricted. Problem areas in recent years have been the vendor area, camping area, and the densely populated motocross section.
http://www.desertvipersmc.com/adelanto/agpfaq.shtml
Well SAL...deleted... I thought maybe for a second that you actually had valid back up on your rant. I don't really think that iwannagofast250 is a good source of accurate information. More like another motorhead posting on a message board. Not sure I could believe him any more then I do you. It's not an outcry from the citizens.

Again SAL...deletedIt looks more like a motor cycle club cleaning up after thenselves to make it a better/safer race day. Again it looks like it's in the vendor/camping area and not all over town that they're talking about. You're still 0 for 2
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Sal wrote:The Adelanto GP was motorized mayhem on city streets, with onlookers and hangers on making their own worm tracks, jumps etc on any visible land. Riders terrorized locals and their pets...after years of protest by residents this gift of taxpayer dollars has ended.
Sal, this funny stuff. I raced the GP for 13 years. I finally quit when I won my first expert trophy there in 2000. I think I have a little clue about the race. I like your statement the riders terrorized the locals so on etc.

You should have wrote the local homeys terrorized the riders with their pit bull pets and thieving ways. There was never any mayhem on the city streets. You have never been there, so you wouldn't know. Have you ever been in the "bad" part of a town Sal? That's where the race is held. I had my kids bicycles stolen there. The cops were like "sorry sir, but you won't see them again".

Most of the morons making "worm" tracks and riding where ever were the local gang bangers with no helmets and doing dumb@zz stuff.

I am suprised the Desert Vipers let it go on this long. It's all about the money Sal, not the off roaders.
Mtloweman
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Mtloweman »

Adelanto has hit very hard times, with the present financial bust. Foreclosed properties are common there; it is sad.