Tonight on PBS!

reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Tonight on PBS!

Post by reptilist »

American Experience; "We Shall Remain; Geronimo"....9 pm, Az. time 05/04/09.
reptilist

Re: Tonight on PBS!

Post by reptilist »

Well, it was a good program about the life of Geronimo and I think it was done fairly. He was recognized as a great warrior and rebel leader of the Chiricahua Apaches. In the end his justified defiance cost his people more misery than they had on the rez...And for that, he is not held is high regard by all his people to this day. His final words were that he "should have kept fighting until he was the last man standing"! Wow!
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Well I don't get PBS but maybe it'll be on Nat Geo or History soon; we'll keep any eye out for it and the Indians in that area interest us. Thanks...
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Jerry Feldner

Post by Jerry Feldner »

Very interesting, Terry. There was nothing like that in the AZ Repugnant. Of course, Apaches are probably out of their "reading area," IOW, the touted Valley of the Sun!!
Thanks, old pal.
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

Thanks for the notice, of course I’m too late to see it, now where is the rerun? :)

I understand that is an American Experience show? Either way PBS specials are usually good, at least I enjoy them.

I’ve been to that area a few times to explore and retrace some of the history, and that corner of Arizona has a lot. Not only is the Apache History (Cochise & Geronimo), but the history of miners, the Butterfield Overland Stage, Dragoon’s, Fort Bowie, are still viewable. Fort Huachuca has an excellent museum. I’m not a fan of Hollywood History, and that’s what 90% Tombstone Az has become, but IMO it’s worth a visit if in the area, but Bisbee Az is much better from a history stand point. Also go to Chiricahua Nat. Mon.

Thanks Rep for the heads-up. 8-)

The internet is sure great to learn about things, of course sometimes it’s bad news, yesterday I learned Barker Ranch in Death Valley burned down. :(
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by SteveS »

I checked my local library and they have this DVD on the way.

So I put my name on the ‘reserve’ list when it arrives, hope that’s soon. I don’t really care much about the story, but really looking forward to seeing the scenery.

One maore thing the internet is good for. In the old days you had to go to the library to see what they had. 8-)