UFO Sightings in Mineralized Areas

Moderator: Jim_b

RockyFrisco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: UFO Sightings in Mineralized Areas

Post by RockyFrisco »

Thanks for the clarification. I know a little but about VOR, since I'm a private pilot, but had never seen an installation like that before.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

RockyFrisco wrote:Paul, I would love to see them.

-Rock
Off topic - check out the "True Stories - Chasing the Legend" section - I posted some photos of Circlestone there.

http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic. ... 146#p17146
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

somehiker wrote: That "sundial" that you see from above is a component of the radio frequency based navigational system used for air travel.It is called a VOR (VHF OMNI RANGE) transmitter.This particular one is named "Phoenix" (Morse Code Identifier..PXR).

http://flightaware.com/resources/airpor ... RWY+26/pdf

Regards:SH.
Thanks SH !!!!

I asked many a folk in Phoenix and we been stumped for defintive answer. I recall some person telling me 20 years ago that it had something to do with Sky Harbor. I checked out the website and wiki had some other ecellent pics of other VOR's.

Beyond that I think it makes a fabulous sundial!
I counted those circular round objects and
I do believe it comes up to 60.

As side note - I got a call from police( years ago) requesting if I knew a certain person. It was an old school chum! He was found out by the VOR (at the time it was just the big white circular object) and was out of his gourd... sort of to speak. I went and picked him up. He certainly was disorientated. Happy to report he's living with his Mom & doing fine!

Thanks agrin
really really appreciate it!
Ed
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

I have really enjoyed reading "Circlestone," by Swanson and Kollenborn. The book, bought off eBay, was formerly owned by Karl and Evelyn Matson of Why, AZ. Would you all like me to put it up on eBay so you can bid on it?

-Rock