Arizona Desert

Moderator: Jim_b

arlis
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Arizona Desert

Post by arlis »

As I traveled south on US-89 from Page Arizona I seen interesting sites between page and Flagstaff I took photos while I was driving, I'm not sure of what if any attractions these might be Can anyone help me out?
Tried to upload them but to large but they are on my facebook photos album My unpleasant return trip home. If one might reconize or notice a miss name could you post it on the comment of the photo
Thanks
Arlis Hirsch
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=11 ... id=2033010
SteveS
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Arizona Desert

Post by SteveS »

Bummer that a password is needed to see any of these pics. If ya ever post any of these for public viewing, let us know.

Been many years since I traveled 89 between Flag and Page, I did get to spend some time along 89A (Page and Kanab) in 2009. 8-)
CowboySlim

Post by CowboySlim »

My wife really liked the tee shirt that I bought for her at the Cameron Trading Post. :)
theos

Post by theos »

Ohh that's nice...I really want to go there in the desert.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well, this thread's a few months old, so not sure how useful I'm being, but I took a look at the photos, and most all of them seem to show just typical roadside scenery for that part of the country. Not really a lot of identifiable landmarks. Nice country, though!
desert wanderer

Post by desert wanderer »

Paul wrote:Well, this thread's a few months old, so not sure how useful I'm being, but I took a look at the photos, and most all of them seem to show just typical roadside scenery for that part of the country. Not really a lot of identifiable landmarks. Nice country, though!
Paul, I've learned over the years that one has to get beyond the roadside scenery. Because going "out" into the desert, is in reality, truly "going in". And THAT is where and when, the magic begins!
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

desert wanderer wrote:
Paul wrote:Well, this thread's a few months old, so not sure how useful I'm being, but I took a look at the photos, and most all of them seem to show just typical roadside scenery for that part of the country. Not really a lot of identifiable landmarks. Nice country, though!
Paul, I've learned over the years that one has to get beyond the roadside scenery. Because going "out" into the desert, is in reality, truly "going in". And THAT is where and when, the magic begins!
DW - would you please post your email address again so I can get back to you? Thanks!

Plays - (Greg)
desert wanderer

Post by desert wanderer »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:
desert wanderer wrote:
DW - would you please post your email address again so I can get back to you? Thanks!

Plays - (Greg)
Absolutely Greg, I look forward to hearing from you! rixcamp@gmail.com

I have a new job that takes up quite a bit of my time, so it may be a day or 2 before I have a chance to get back to you. However, I WILL reply, as soon as I can. Rick
Paul

Post by Paul »

desert wanderer wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I was just responding to the original post asking for help identifying what was shown in the photos.