Earth, Sky and Shadow

Moderator: Jim_b

javaone
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Earth, Sky and Shadow

Post by javaone »

TC,
Not a 100% certain but if you are looking at those tall skinny things I believe they are the tall shoots from a species of the Yucca.

As to were you were the night of 4/10, if I were on that cliff I would have had one too. :shock:

Jerry
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

I agree with javaone, if I were on the face of that rock wall I would've probably had a heart attack. I'm very sorry you had this happen to you and I hope that you quickly recover and get back out there. You know, (and I know this from experience), we just never know what's going to "get us" nor when, or if anything will or not. I found that it's "absolutely imperative" that you keep a "Positive Attitude," it will definitely help you get over this. Getting back out there and hiking around won't hurt either.

Plays - (Greg)
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

Thanks PITD. I'm trying to get back there tomorrow, but my friends refuses to help me. The flowers won't wait forever.

TC
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

TradClimber wrote:Thanks PITD. I'm trying to get back there tomorrow, but my friends refuses to help me. The flowers won't wait forever.

TC
Just let them know where you're going to be and when you expect to return and "Go For It!" I know we're going to the Valley Of Fire tomorrow morning to shoot Landscapes and flower Photos. We're going to pack a fried chicken/potato salad lunch and have a picnic as well. I'll post a few Photos when we get back, I hope (if you go) you'll post some as well.

oooops, I almost forgot...A few "Adult Beverages go along with that Picnic Lunch as well. It supposed to be a nice day tomorrow.

Plays (Greg)
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

TradClimber wrote:Thanks sh.
That day will change my life in yet unforseen ways. It was the second day of a four day trip in the Santa Rosa Mountains. In the early afternoon I had a stroke.

TradClimber
A stroke??!! Holy jumping jeezus cripes TC, are you freakin" kidding me? Do you know what would have happened if you had died out there? We, the living, would have been subjected to some SARry-azzed SAR gomer on some TV news pontificating about how "...you should never go into the desert or the wilderness or your own bathroom, alone, without notifying everyone you know about when you'll be back and how much toilet paper you used...otherwise you're sure to die like this old geezer. Why, when we finally found him there was bighorns lickin' his face...what a turrable way to go."

Glad you're OK.
TradClimber

Post by TradClimber »

yh posted:
A stroke??!! Holy jumping jeezus cripes TC, are you freakin" kidding me? Do you know what would have happened if you had died out there? We, the living, would have been subjected to some SARry-azzed SAR gomer on some TV news pontificating about how "...you should never go into the desert or the wilderness or your own bathroom, alone, without notifying everyone you know about when you'll be back and how much toilet paper you used...otherwise you're sure to die like this old geezer. Why, when we finally found him there was bighorns lickin' his face...what a turrable way to go."
Now you're talkin'. You are soooo right.
From my experience, 20 years as lead climber and past president of the Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit, that's exactly how it would go down.
Glad you're OK.
Thanks Buddy,
TradClimber
javaone

Post by javaone »

WOW! I didn't know that about you Trad. Thats really cool!!
And Yucca is Sooo Right...

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it easy for a little.
This is not something to mess with, the flowers will be there next year and it would be great to have you there healthy next year too.

Jerry
javaone

Post by javaone »

Tradclimber Wrote:
From my experience, 20 years as lead climber and past president of the Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit, that's exactly how it would go down.
Trad,
If I could make the call, and I know I can't, I would put you on the "Honorary Membership" list.

Jerry

P.S. Maybe not the comic part... but the "Sheriff" thing was kind of funny. :roll: