Driving by the border

Moderator: Jim_b

Ghost
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Driving by the border

Post by Ghost »

Newbie here. We were down near Nogales, Arizona and snapped a few photos of the progress at the border. These pics are of the new vehicle barrier and a hole in the fence. The beauty of the San Rafael valley is amazing. It's what the Tucson valley looked like 150 years ago.

silent hunter

Re: Driving by the border

Post by silent hunter »

Electric would be better

Kurt P
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

silent hunter wrote:Electric would be better

Kurt P
And about 20 feet higher!
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Well... It's fine for marking the boundary, but as far as it's intended purpose is concerned (Keeping anyone from passing though it) I think it falls way short of meeting that intent.

A person could walk right through that chain link with nothing more than a pair of wire cutters in his hand. :roll:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I'll learn how to caption each picture...but the first one is looking at the Huachuca Mountains, about twenty miles past that point where they taper down is the ranch where Bob Krentz was murdered by a suspected illegal. The last picture is a huge gap in the chain link fence that the pilgrims -some carrying backpacks of who knows what- just stroll through nightly.
The area is so beautiful, and lonely, the fear is palpable. But I've seen more illegals in one visit to a Tucson taco shop than almost all my years dinking around in the desert.
emilsson

Post by emilsson »

People always move to where they're better off, especially when they wish to get away from crime and poverty. No wall makes any sense and it doesn't work anyway even if the wall was anchored six feet into the ground and be twenty-four feet high. What will definitely stop people even trying to cross the border is: don't employ them under any circumstances ! ! !
But then again: who would want to do this to anyone?
kingmantraveler

Post by kingmantraveler »

a law-abiding American.
rppp01a

Post by rppp01a »

kingmantraveler wrote:a law-abiding American.
Well, since the SCOTUS declared over a century ago that corporations are citizens and that the same SCOTUS declared earlier this year that money equals free speech- you'd be right. These law abiding citizens are telling us they'd rather hire illegals for less than they'd pay american citizens.
kingmantraveler

Post by kingmantraveler »

That's true, but then I suppose they wouldn't be considered law-abiding citizens.
The term presents a sort of conundrum; law abiding citizens should be allowed to carry a firearm. Then, when they use it for illegal purposes, they're suddenly criminals, no longer "law-abiding". It's a murky term that I shouldn't have used.
The bottom line is that I believe SB 1070 should be enforced.
Different strokes for different folks, I s'pose.
rppp01a

Post by rppp01a »

I hear it told that the law is almost verbatim with Federal law. Yet the Federal law has failed. No one can deny that.

Perhaps now the root causes of the issue should be addressed.