Driving by the border

Moderator: Jim_b

kingmantraveler
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Driving by the border

Post by kingmantraveler »

Yup. I guess it can be said that it failed.
Why it was passed when there was apparently no intent to enforce it is beyond me.
Hopefully a sincere and conscientious law enforcement community will enforce it as it's written, not as they interpret it.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I'm of the tiny minority that espouses annexation of Mexico. "Annexation" has a very negative connotation anymore; practiced by Nazi Germany, the former Soviet Union and a few other tyrannical nation-states.
Mexico has proven that it is not an ally, and is in fact a very real danger and enemy of the US. (Remember they are also a member OPEC). Considering Mexico's recent actions , or lack thereof, it is shameful that the US hasn't initiated a full on military invasion and occupation of the border zone in Mexico, which would only improve life for the subjugated peasants of Mexico and the US citizens that live near the current US/Mexico border.
Will the US and other creditor nations ever see a penny of Mexico's debt? No. And didn't Mexico, in some capacity, support Nazi Germany, even during the war? How long must the US and other nations continue to get slapped in the face by this rogue "nation" ?
While annexing Mexico might present the US with a few million more welfare cases, the majority, the good people of Mexico, are crying out for real change and liberation from the tyranny that is currently forced upon them.
Rant: over.
At ease.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Ghost is a reptilista!

A reptilista adheres to the reptilista genda....Annex Mexico!
Bring home the troops, put them on the border facing South and give the command, "Forward, March!"

We can liberate the people of Mexico from their government, and bring regulation to the exploitation of the Mexican natural resources.
kingmantraveler

Post by kingmantraveler »

That idea's got its good points - cheaper gas (PEMEX), lots of green chilis, cheap, Sauza, cheaper, meds super cheap - all kinds of products at reduced prices.
It's not gonna happen.
gordon

Post by gordon »

Rep I'm with you.
Space Cowboy
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ghost,

According to the Encyclopedia Britannica,http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... II-1941-45 Mexico became an active belligerent in World War II in 1942 after Germany sank two of its tankers. The Mexican foreign secretary, Ezequiel Padilla, took the lead in urging other Latin American countries to support the Allies as well. A Mexican–North American joint defense committee planned cooperative operations to be carried out in case the Japanese attacked Mexico’s west coast. Former president Lázaro Cárdenas served on the committee and became minister of defense when that post was created in 1944. A small Mexican air unit (the 201) operated with the United States in the Philippines.

Argentina had a soft spot for Nazis before, during and after the War, and there was a long-held rumor turned into several television scripts that contended, roughly, the Japanese made overtures to old Californio families that if they supported and helped with a Japanese invasion of the West Coast, they would be given an independent California to do with as they pleased. There were the Zoot Suit Riots in 1943-44, Mexican-American kids that didn't seem to take the war too seriously, but no, Mexico was clearly on our side in WWII.

Now WWI, that would be another story.

Meanwhile, Re-Conquistas here in the States contend that the American South-West will become, for all intents and circumstances, part of Mexico by simple attrition in the very near future. The Crackers aren't reproducing, the Mexicans are.
desert wanderer

Post by desert wanderer »

rppp01a wrote:I hear it told that the law is almost verbatim with Federal law. Yet the Federal law has failed. No one can deny that.

Perhaps now the root causes of the issue should be addressed.
This is an older thread, but I'll enter some comments here. RPP0la, Good point made. I am Argentine, Italian, and Irish. I believe that I can understand BOTH sides of the issues here. I don't blame the folks in Mexico for the desire to better their lot in life. I DO blame the employers here that will hire them, thus they increase the incentive for the illegals to come here.
Also, entitlement programs in place here, gives them an added incentive to come here, and to remain here. They have offspring here, paid for much of the time with welfare, thanks to we taxpayers. This has got to stop. In Mexico, if we get sick, or decide to have a baby there, we MUST have the corresponding amount of $$, or be denied treatment.

Furthermore, Mexico's policy and law regarding illegal immigration is far more strict and restrictive, tantamount to a felony here in the USA. Whereas here, it is a misdemeanor. It is therefore hypocrisy at its finest, when Felipe Calderon blathers on about the Arizona law as being "racist". This is an abomination of fact, reason, and fairness.

There are many issues on both sides of the story, and it surely doesn't hurt to examine them all. One thing is certain, it's unfair to the thousands of immigrants to our country that enter our country legally, after much study, dedication, and steadfast determination. Unfair to them because it negates and minimizes their hard work, idealogical-wise.

And lastly, many of the illegal immigrants fail to assimilate themselves into OUR culture, some refusing to do so.
There is no easy answer to these issues and problems. However, enforcing laws already in place, and staying consistent in their enforcement, surely would help.
Rick
desert wanderer

Post by desert wanderer »

Space Cowboy wrote:Ghost,

According to the Encyclopedia Britannica,http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... II-1941-45 Mexico became an active belligerent in World War II in 1942 after Germany sank two of its tankers. The Mexican foreign secretary, Ezequiel Padilla, took the lead in urging other Latin American countries to support the Allies as well. A Mexican–North American joint defense committee planned cooperative operations to be carried out in case the Japanese attacked Mexico’s west coast. Former president Lázaro Cárdenas served on the committee and became minister of defense when that post was created in 1944. A small Mexican air unit (the 201) operated with the United States in the Philippines.

Argentina had a soft spot for Nazis before, during and after the War, and there was a long-held rumor turned into several television scripts that contended, roughly, the Japanese made overtures to old Californio families that if they supported and helped with a Japanese invasion of the West Coast, they would be given an independent California to do with as they pleased. There were the Zoot Suit Riots in 1943-44, Mexican-American kids that didn't seem to take the war too seriously, but no, Mexico was clearly on our side in WWII.

Meanwhile, Re-Conquistas here in the States contend that the American South-West will become, for all intents and circumstances, part of Mexico by simple attrition in the very near future. The Crackers aren't reproducing, the Mexicans are.
Good points made! One thing the reconquitas should remember is the fact that Mexico basically stole the areas they want back from the Native Americans in the first place. The great preponderance of evidence shows the most probable occupation of this country first, was by paleolithic people first, (aka, paleo-indian cultures)via the Bering Straight. Then the Archaic, and then the Native Americans in fairly recent history, in basically that order.
hoser

Post by hoser »

desert wanderer wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:Ghost,

Good points made! One thing the reconquitas should remember is the fact that Mexico basically stole the areas they want back from the Native Americans in the first place. The great preponderance of evidence shows the most probable occupation of this country first, was by paleolithic people first, (aka, paleo-indian cultures)via the Bering Straight. Then the Archaic, and then the Native Americans in fairly recent history, in basically that order.
Actually they are now thinking the first people to occupy this country came from Europe after further studies of the Clovis Points http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clovis_point

The fence at the very least should look something like this . :shock:
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

All I got to say be careful of what you read or see on the internet. Some of this YOU TUBE stuff is political rhetoric from the extreme right. My wife and I were in Sells and San Miguel on the Tohono O'odham Reservation and saw several Border Patrol. They have Border Patrol at San Miguel south of Sells near the US-Mexican Border. I have to disagree with some of this stuff, but I do agree something got to be done. Call out the National Guard and close the border if they are so worried. For those who are so anxious to pay the bill don't complain about the high cost of border closure. You know somebody will have to pay for it. Personally I believe it is just about an impossible task to completely close the border with Mexico or Canada. If they can cross the land bridge to the US there is always the coastline of the US.

We have spent considerable time camping in the border area over the years. We four wheeled the Cabeza Prieta for about ten or twelve years. The last time we were across from Ajo to Yuma was in 2006. We saw at least sixty illegal that trip. Most of them I talked to were headed for southern California and the Yuma area. Far as we could none of them were caring backpacks full of dope. Yes, I do know illegals are used to mule loads of dope into the USA. If there wasn't such a demand for dope in the US they wouldn't have a job. Our interest is the desert, its plants and animals and also we marvel at the geological formations in southern Arizona.

Take care....just our opinion.

Tom K.