Pinyon Mountain Road

Moderator: Jim_b

hjcdan
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Pinyon Mountain Road

Post by hjcdan »

A group of us took Pinyon Mountain Road through the Squeeze, down the Drop Off stoping at Hapaha Flats, the Mud Caves and Palm Springs. Wild flowers seem to be better the further South you go. Roads are in good condition despite of all the rain. Lots of people at the Mud Caves, more than I have ever seen. A few rocks on the trail before the Squeeze, had a problem getting a Jeep JK with wide wheels through the Squeeze and vehicles with open diffs had to take a few runs at a spot on Hapaha Flats. Weather was fantastic, sunny with just enough breeze to keep trail dust down.
Mike C.

Re: Pinyon Mountain Road

Post by Mike C. »

Howdy hjcdan. Sounds like a really cool run you made. Doing the squeeze then that killer drop-off (heart attack hill) takes some serious huevos! I've only been as far as the squeeze. We were the only vehicle---would I have done it with others?---I don't know. When the weather is on the warm side I like to camp under the pinyon trees located off Pinyon Mountain Road (to the right) shortly before the squeeze. You will see little spurs that take you there. We have been lucky; the whole place to ourselves. Sorry about the crowds in the mud cave area. It's a weekend and spring is here. Mike C. Brea, Ca.
rein08
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Pinyon Mountain Road

Post by rein08 »

I envy you.
I wish I could go there too.
That would be a great trip!

Thermostat Shop sale coupon