Jabez "Jay" Clapp - 1961

Moderators: TradClimber, GeorgeW

hikin_jim
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jabez "Jay" Clapp - 1961

Post by hikin_jim »

Interesting how the search area for Mr. Clapp is very similar to the area for the three men now missing.

Mr. Clapp was found some distance away. Perhaps the same will be true of the current three.

Who knows what mysteries the Superstitions hold.

HJ
Guz

Post by Guz »

That site, legends of america, paints a larger picture then simply the Clapp story. Paints a larger mystery as well. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the level of violence given the notoriety that the gold in the sups has , as pertains to recent events even more so, Yet its disturbing that its been a constant thing for decades. Greed has no morals or regard for life. That is certain. It reminds me of that old saying "dead men tell no tales". Be careful out there all. Thanks for posting those links Jim.

Regards,

Guz
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Jay Clapp's disappearance was unusual only because he was missing for so long. If he had a habit of wandering around the mountains looking for an explanation of his existence. He was a very philosophical individual and studied the Greek classics. When Robert E. Lee debuted his Lost Dutchman Mine film he claimed they found Jay Clapp's remains. That was not the case. My wife's uncle was Dr. Thomas B. Jarvis. He served as assistant Medical Examiner for Maricopa County when Clapp disappeared as I recall. Tom Jarvis told me it was impossible to determine exactly how Jay Clapp died, but he suspected it was from natural causes, however there was no skull found. Years later I heard a story that skull was on somebody's fire place mantel. Can't be sure that is true either. I believe my old boss William T. Barkley, owner of the Barkley Cattle Co. was the last man to see Jay Clapp alive at First Water in June as I recall.

Take care,

Tom K.