SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS AREA PLACE NAMES & LANDMARKS

Moderator: somehiker

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: SUPERSTITION WILDERNESS AREA PLACE NAMES & LANDMARKS

Post by cubfan64 »

Yup - I had problems viewing any of my photobucket images or any of the forum photos that I linked from there. It had something to do with the DNS setting - my wife took care of it for me, otherwise I'd provide some advice for you Jim - I'm just not much of a computer guru.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Tom/Paul,

The darn world keeps turning, (everybody trying to improve things) and sometimes it's hard to keep up with the changes and "improvements". :lol:
javaone

Post by javaone »

Hey Tom,

The layout of Photobucket.com has changed some, but the process really hasn’t.

When you log in, you will notice towards the top a green tab that says “Upload now” < click - then you will see another green tab “Select photos and videos" < click on that – it will bring up a small window with your files. In the dropdown box it will probably say documents – this is where some folks can get tangled up. Look to the right of that box and you will notice a small icon (a yellow folder with a green arrow) < click on that – it will bring up more of your files. Scroll down to find your “pictures” file < double click will open it and then find the folder with the picture you wish to upload < double click on it – this will upload that photo – then click on “save and continue to album”. There you will find the photo you just uploaded. When you move your mouse over the photo an area will appear that says share < click on that, then click on “get link code” – go down to “IMG for bulletin boards and forums” copy the full size link… paste that link into your post per usual… the rest should be familiar to you.

Hopefully this helps. :)

LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Thanks for the help....still trying to get it to work. I think I will give it a couple of days break.

Tom K.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

LDMGOLD wrote:Thanks for the help....still trying to get it to work. I think I will give it a couple of days break.

Tom K.

Sometimes that works Tom, but (As I am sure you will agree) it is usually sticking with a problem, and not giving up on it, that produces the solution. ;) Jerry's instructions look good to me. Try printing them out and applying them one step at a time.

Best,

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Tom - when you go into your account in Photobucket, do you see your own photos, or do they all show up as white boxes or boxes with small "x's" in them?
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

Guys,

I may try it sometime in the future again. For time being I am giving it up. If I have something that just has to be posted I will send it to somebody by email and politely ask them to post it in desperation. To busy right now to really spend time on it. I have a couple of books I am getting ready for the publisher & printer.

Thanks for the help.

Tom K.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Tom,

Don't let the process of putting a photo in your post intimidate you.
There are really only 3 steps to doing it.

Step 1 - Upload your photo to your Photobucket account.

Step 2 - Copy the IMG Link to that photo.

Step 3 - Paste that IMG Link into your post.

Photobucket has simplified the process to COPY the image link, to where you no longer have to right click on the IMG Link and select COPY.

Now when you click on the IMG link a small message pops up that says COPPIED and it is already placed on your clipboard, and ready to be PASTED into your post.

They made it easier to do, not harder.

Best,

Jim
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

This is what the 1966 Iron Mountain Burn near Reavis Ranch looked like in 1978 on a three pack trip to Circlestone.

I believe I may have accomplished it this morning.....

Tom K.
Last edited by LDMGOLD on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDMGOLD

Post by LDMGOLD »

I think I have the photo posting thing figured out. Just a slow brain cell that was plugging things ups. This is a photo of the Fish Creek Lodge take in 1908 by Walter J. Lubkin, USRS photographer during the construction of Roosevelt Dam 1903-1911. If you have ever made the drive down Fish Creek Hill and down to this site it is usually a comfort to know you have survived the down hill grade. Many have not survive it over the years. You can see the road cut high upon the hill.

Enjoy, Tom K.