Article recently released about Off-Road Vehicles

Dan

Re: Article recently released about Off-Road Vehicles

Post by Dan »

IT's fun watching Sal dance around Brew's questions, which quite clearly point out the absurdity of prosecuting one person for the infractions of what may likely be the actions of a different person. Sal, the issue of individual liberty under our laws in this country still trumps the desire for extremists to impose their warped views on the rest of society. Your desire to punish the entire OHV community for the actions of a tiny percentage betray the true intent of your advocacy. The gig is up, Sal. We know you aren't reasonable, and neither is the environmental movement. You claim to be ok with legal OHV use, and only against the illegal sort. But your actions show your true hand to the rest of the table.

And you wonder why no one trusts you any more?
Sal

Post by Sal »

you're losing it pal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o
Brew

Post by Brew »

Sal, thanks for better answers.
Sal wrote:your first question, Brew is that if you can identify the trespassers, they are guilty of violating state code and (depending on the county) county code.
State code only if the property is properly fenced or marked.
Sal wrote: Whether video supplied by a civilian would be accepted as evidence is a question I cannot answer.
With your passion for the big plates, I would have expected you to have already checked this out. From statements on this site about not enough LE to cover all of the land effectively, what good would the big plates be if a civilian couldn't initiate a LE action?
Sal wrote:Presumably, if you had a number of people who would swear that such and such a plated bike was seen violating a NO TRESPASSING area, you would have a prosecutable case. Supporting photos or video couldn't but add to the evidence in my view.
Would you or other "viewers" be willing to go to court and file a complaint against the OHVer or would you leave it up to the LE?

Brew
MMM
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by MMM »

sal you refuse to admit your idea of larger plates is not on any of the wilderness or anti-OHV groups talks anywhere. You are very passionate about this because rogue riders impact your way of life. I most likely would also be mad at people who did that near me as well. However, lets be honest. Even with huge plates/IDs, these people will not give an inch about slowing down the push for total lands closure to all mechinized use.

Mike
Sal

Post by Sal »

I'm not a mind reader or a prescient, Mike. All I know is something's going to happen to deal with rogue riders--the movement is snowballing.

You can stand there with your fingers in your ears, or you can choose to take action.

The choice is yours.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Just out of curiosity, Sal. We don't need to know where you live. But before you lived there, were OHVs present in the area, within earshot??? Or are they a very recent addition to the area?
MMM

Post by MMM »

sal, as i have said many, many time, lets go with big plates, but please this is your cause and not the concerns of the groups I posted about. Having big plates will do zero with respect to closing of public lands to OHV use.

Mike
Dan

Post by Dan »

Personally, I don't care one iota about big plates, as long as they use the existing plates that came on the motorcycle originally, and aren't attempting to force huge dangerous monstrosities on the motorized recreating public. People who want to force "change" for their own personal agenda have a long history of attempting to place so many expensive and cumbersome requirements on their political chosen enemies that most people simply give up and quit. Now you know why we don't want environmental groups to have agency power and undue influence in land use policy matters. They would require a 10X 10 foot $20,000 flashing neon billboard on every dirt bike.

I don't care because I don't ride illegally. But I know why so many environmental groups at one time pushed the large license plate issue so hard. They wanted to create a string of hurdles that OHV users must negotiate and pay for to make OHV recreation less attractive.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Dan, have you shared your support for visible OHV plates with any of the OHV advocacy groups or your state reps?

Happy Easter BTW!
MMM

Post by MMM »

sal, why are you beating this dead horse? You seem to be alone in the desire for the big IDs. Not one of your enviro groups seem to share your ideas on this one.

Mike