sentenced for defacing petroglyph

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

sentenced for defacing petroglyph

Post by cubfan64 »

I don't know what's a reasonable and proper punishment for this crime, but I'm glad to see he at least got something for willfully damaging this petroglyph

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Man-senten ... 60189.html
reptilist

Re: sentenced for defacing petroglyph

Post by reptilist »

Thanks for posting this!
What that guy did makes me so MAD!
:evil:
spiny

Post by spiny »

The only things dumber than defacing a historical treasure is signing your name to the act. The guy got off too easy.
lara

Post by lara »

spiny wrote:The only things dumber than defacing a historical treasure is signing your name to the act. The guy got off too easy.
i agree. probation is was too easy for sure. i think he should have gotten jail time and a lot of media coverage for his actions, maybe, just maybe it would act as a deterrent.
MMM

Post by MMM »

Defacing any rock art is insane. I have sadly learned never to post locations of any rock art of any kind due to the fact that it could be damaged. I have discoverd many such places in my explorations of the desert. I also refuse to give locations to other unique desert features, like one place where thousands of years ago rats bult nests in fissures in a canyon. Over the years the rock was slowly wased away leaving huge rat nests in the cliff face, some over 5 feet deep. Sceientests can date nests like this and show how the desert has changed over thousands of years. But I know it is extreamly fragle and some folk would destroy it, so it is somewhere in the desert.

Mike
ricaluanna

Post by ricaluanna »

Thanks for the link.

Post by Apache Devil »

If I lived to be a thousand years old, I would never understand what goes through the minds of idiots who do this kind of thing. It is like when I was exploring a very old ghost ranch this summer. It is a beautiful place, but the walls inside were a veritable freaking billboard of a thousand Harry effed Sally graffitti. You would think that if they had to write or carve anything, it would be poetry or a famous quote or something. Geeze!