Moderator: Jim_b

babymick1
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Jim Hatt - RIP

Post by babymick1 »

Cubfan64

No, I do not wish to start a discussion of sticks and stone's. And silenthunter
I don't expect someone to show a handful of gold or treasure. Its just a quote that stuck in my mind from Mr. Hatt.

Babymick1
GeorgeW

Post by GeorgeW »

This morning was cloudy with a cool wind blowing. I made a trip with two others to scatter some of Jim's ashes in the Supes. The winds will finish the job of helping Jim explore every inch of those mountains. We stopped for rootbeers and Pepsi on the way back to the house. I expect he'll be laughing at my wanderings as I turn the wrong way or pass by the right place. RIP Jim.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

GeorgeW wrote:This morning was cloudy with a cool wind blowing. I made a trip with two others to scatter some of Jim's ashes in the Supes. The winds will finish the job of helping Jim explore every inch of those mountains. We stopped for rootbeers and Pepsi on the way back to the house. I expect he'll be laughing at my wanderings as I turn the wrong way or pass by the right place. RIP Jim.
Good to hear George! Not only is he probably laughing, but he now knows all the secrets there are to know about those mountains. I'm sure I'll think of him the next time I go hiking out there.

Paul
somehiker

Post by somehiker »

Thanks George:

Good to hear that Jim has found peace with your help.

Regards:Wayne
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

George W,

Could you please send me an email. I have a little something to tell you.

Thanks,

Mrs. Oroblanco

oroblanco@yahoo.com
maui

Post by maui »

thank you very much jim I appreciate it.
I know he was very knowledgeable and I enjoyed reading the forum posts. I have read an awful lot
about LDM but I am not even close to being an expert.
very sorry to hear about jim.
thank you jim for taking good care of this unique site.
take care my friend and stay safe out there.

davin
M_Kemp

Post by M_Kemp »

I know it's been a long time but I ran across some pictures I took hiking in Indian Springs Canyon with Jim years ago while searching for the body of Jesse Chapin (hope I spelled it correctly). I met Jim thru an email I sent him just asking a few questions out of curiosity. I came to the area every winter to hike the superstitions. Not really looking for the Dutchman's mine but it was fun knowing there was a possibility even though remote of finding something. Always found something of interest, just not that mine. Although I didn't know him well nor he I, he was a very nice person and kindly showed me things out there I never would have seen or known about. He knew I was not a real hunter, just a curious guy that loved to hike the back country away from the public trails etc. I did take some interest in the mine and bought the old books after talking with Jim a few times. Just wanted to pay my respects to a cool guy that Tom referred to as a modern day Indiana jones. R.I.P. Jim, we all share some things most people don't know exist because of our curiosities and willingness to put ourselves in danger just for the adventure. Peace to everyone reading this.
Marc
Alpena, MI