Another Discovery for Silent Hunter Crew

Moderator: Jim_b

i-tsari-tsu-i

Re: Another Discovery for Silent Hunter Crew

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Kurt,

"I wonder whats behind the next wall??"

Can't help but wonder exactly what brought you to that particular spot.

Joe
cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by cubfan64 »

Kurt - from the photo, I can't tell if the hilt is the same on the other side as it is on the front. It almost looks like it's just flat on the back - if so, are you sure it's a dagger/sword hilt and not just a "medalion" piece of some sort that was once mounted on something else?
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Joe, I am gifted! Double-Jack Inc. is all about moving earth...It does no good to assume and talk about the stone maps...get out a shovel dig a hole pan the dirt...I am a prospector searcher and finder. I have a crew of the same....If you got a x we will dig it up.....so many people search but how many dig? We offer are expertise to you or any other.....If you got the money we got the time.....If you would like to tag along we offer that too......I don't believe in any of the books out there and that alone sets me apart from all of you...Don't ask a bum how to get rich...enough said.....Joe in short I go out always the desert is my home...... Paul it is scrolled on the other side but no Eagle...There is a small piece broke from the eagles feet....

Double-jack Inc.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Kurt - looks to me like the broken part is what would probably be the "swastika" part of the crossguard. You may have seen this already, but here's another photo of a German WWII dagger cross guard that looks like about as close as I can get to a match to yours although I can't see the eagle very well on yours so don't know which way it's facing.

It makes one wonder about finding that there doesn't it? If it's truly a German WWII cross guard and not from a different era, it had to have been put in there sometime after 1937 (give or take). The fact that (again assuming it's from a Nazi dagger) the swastika part is broken off makes one wonder if maybe the owner brought it back home and broke that part off to make it less conspicuous? Was it being used to help pry rocks out?

Who knows I guess - keep a look out for other neat stuff, in fact it might be worth sifting the dirt you dig out - you might find some other useful things.

babymick1

Post by babymick1 »

cubfan64 wrote:Kurt - looks to me like the broken part is what would probably be the "swastika" part of the crossguard. You may have seen this already, but here's another photo of a German WWII dagger cross guard that looks like about as close as I can get to a match to yours although I can't see the eagle very well on yours so don't know which way it's facing.

It makes one wonder about finding that there doesn't it? If it's truly a German WWII cross guard and not from a different era, it had to have been put in there sometime after 1937 (give or take). The fact that (again assuming it's from a Nazi dagger) the swastika part is broken off makes one wonder if maybe the owner brought it back home and broke that part off to make it less conspicuous? Was it being used to help pry rocks out?

Who knows I guess - keep a look out for other neat stuff, in fact it might be worth sifting the dirt you dig out - you might find some other useful things.

Kurt nice find and colors, wish you the best

Babymick1
i-tsari-tsu-i

Post by i-tsari-tsu-i »

Kurt,

Have to admit, I can't wait to see what you dig up next. Wouldn't be surprised if
you found an 8X10 of Blondi........ :lol:

Good luck,

Joe
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

silent hunter wrote:Rock Head lets meet High noon at the wedding chapel...this Saturday....Myself and the Badger will come meet with you.....

Double-Jack Inc.
Hey Kurt
Open invitation?
This something I'd look forward to
But where is the wedding chapel ?
wil2521@yahoo.com
Have rocs-- we'll travel
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

roc - unless there's another wedding chapel around, I suspect this is the one Kurt is referring to. It's located at the Superstition Mountain Historical Society Museum right near Goldfield.

http://superstitionmountainmuseum.org/elvis-chapel/
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Joe be carefull you are starting to sound like Blindbowman.....Maybe you and BB share the same medical problems.....Is there a Blondi Treasure??? If we find it we will post photos.....
badger

Post by badger »

We can find anything that's truly out there. Rock divas included.

Double-Jack