Looking for someone with a jeep to help on a film shoot

Moderator: Jim_b

Kyle Richards
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Looking for someone with a jeep to help on a film shoot

Post by Kyle Richards »

Hey team,

For those of you that may remember my old posts about my trip in December researching for a film, the time has finally come for me to shoot that film in the Sonoran Desert! Specifically, we are mainly filming in the Big Horn Mountains Wilderness Area and Kofa near Quartzsite.

But I have a unique need for 2 of the shoot days and I thought this community might be the best place to start looking. The beginning of the film involves 3 travelers in Mexico (shooting AZ for Mexico) on a road trip, speeding down a dirt road. Some psychedelics get involved leading the driver to momentarily lose control of the vehicle and swerve offroad, turning the vehicle over. Of course, most of this effect will be achieved through "movie magic" in editing, but we do need the physical vehicle driving, and to be seen turned over on it's side in the scene after the crash. (No one actually driving and flipping it, just physically turning it over)

What I was hoping for, is that someone with an off-roader, jeep, etc. that has an open top with bars, might be willing to come out and shoot with us and have their vehicle featured in the movie.

Obviously there are many more details to go over than what I have above, but if this is of any interest to anyone, please let me know and I can answers any and all questions you may have.

The shoot dates are scheduled for Saturday May 26 and Sunday May 27.

For a little background on me as a filmmaker you can find me on imdb at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3783540/ This film isn't listed yet as it is in production, but it is called "The Wayward Sun" and can be searched for on facebook.

Also: if this screams "not happening" to any of you guys, if you could help point me in the right direction of how I might achieve this without actually buying a vehicle. I would only be using it for these two days so the most I'd do is buy a junker and tow it out there, but I think it's unlikely to be easy to find one of these vehicles junked ;)

Thanks!
roc2rol

Re: Looking for someone with a jeep to help on a film shoot

Post by roc2rol »

This sounds like a great project !

I'd like to donate my bucket of bolt
unfortunately its a van
but I'm looking to get rid of it
and flipping it over in the desert not a bad idea

I'll keep this in mind tho if come by any one with a jeep

fine rocks in that area

good luck
roc
Kyle Richards

Post by Kyle Richards »

Thanks, that'd be great!

We're looking into jeep rentals as we aren't getting very many bites elsewhere and time is slipping away, but I will check back here as often as possible, and we'll continue to discuss if another type of vehicle could work, but I think without the type of top the convertible jeep provides, the van might not work out.
D T

Post by D T »

All I have to do is roll over my new jeep...And what kind of
psychedelics will we have to take? :geek: