Cathedral Canyon near Pahrump, NV

Moderator: Jim_b

Borrego Linda
The middle number please (4): 7

Cathedral Canyon near Pahrump, NV

Post by Borrego Linda »

Anybody been? Recently? Heading over to a friend's in Pahrump next week and looking for some off-road stuff to do and this place came up. Looks interesting. Also any suggestion for Jeep 4x4 roads would be great too!
SteveS

Re: Cathedral Canyon near Pahrump, NV

Post by SteveS »

Hi Linda

I hope I’m not to late, the internet has slide way down my list of ‘doing’ and I get here less and less every month.

Anyway, I been to Cathedral Canyon a few times and 4-5 years ago it was vandalized badly, hopefully it’s not any worse. There is some neat stuff within 5-7 mile of it. The main route of the Spanish trial traces can been seen in the saddle/pass west of the canyon. Also there is a fun little Trilobite site in a road cut west of the pass on the south side of the road, keep and eye peeled for a shale structure that is common to fossils.

Around Pahrump I’d say drive over to Devil’s hole and check out Amargosa valley area. If it’s to hot to explore low desert areas head up the back side of Mt Charleston.

My guess is you are in Nv by now, but let us know how you trip went.
DesertWRX

Re: Cathedral Canyon near Pahrump, NV

Post by DesertWRX »

We did go to Cathedral Canyon and saw the destruction that people have done to it. There's some good videos on YouTube that shows it complete. Pretty amazing place. Now it is horribly trashed.