Another road trip, a recent discovery, and a raffle

Joe Dirt
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Another road trip, a recent discovery, and a raffle

Post by Joe Dirt »

Preparing to greet a visitor from Philadelphia, a fellow rock hound named Tim. Met him through my website, but didn't think I'd still be here back then. I am, and the guy is alright, so I'm doing the research and foot work, expanding his target list, calling mines to ask permissions to go into tailings, all the good stuff. Looks like 700+ miles of AZ rock hounding in 7 days. Think we can pull it off? I'm still scrounging gas money to GO, and there's a SWEET raffle prize on my website, http://therovingrockhound.weebly.com/index.html. An Arkansas diamond, gold ore, and a pile of other groovy goods. The schedule is taking shape on the "Current Campaign" tab there as well, once it's final, anyone along the route is welcome to swing by and join us in the field. Drop me a line!
And the NEW DISCOVERY; an Azurite, Malachite, Chysocolla silicate that is STUNNINGLY colorful! Blues, browns, red streaks and some pyrite. Hard tight grained stone, takes an excellent polish. Tims going to help me haul out as much as I can break out of the vein, and I'll throw a few chunks on the saw and post the pictures here soon.

Are you still cutting cabs Ed? I need someone with the proper tools to make a couple nicely made and highly polished pieces with this stone, so I can use the pictures in my catalog. I'd like to keep at least two, but I'll give you a nice pile, and you'll have PLENTY left for yourself. I'll drive, I'll take pictures, but someone with a Genie or the equivalent needs to work it. I have a flex shaft, but it really doesn't do well... not for a smooth shiny cab piece, anyway.

If not Ed, then who? Anyone out there? Drop me a line from my website! Follow this next adventure, hell, meet us on the road! You're bringing the beer, right? Good! LoL... ;) Rock On!
roc2rol
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Another road trip, a recent discovery, and a raffle

Post by roc2rol »

Hey Joe
Summer almost gone and were all crawling out from under that rock
I'm gearing up to start grinding.

Your trip will be fabulous
If your in Phoenix Look me up
support your local rock hound!
Were all at rock bottom :lol: