Anza-Borrego Desert is turning green

Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Anza-Borrego Desert is turning green

Post by Jim_b »

Take a look at the Anza Borrego Wildflower report to see how green the desert is now. For more pictures go to

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca_abdsp.html

CowboySlim
The middle number please (4): 7

Re: Anza-Borrego Desert is turning green

Post by CowboySlim »

Thanks, Jim, love to see in person. However, will have to wait until Thanksgiving W/E when we always go. With both grandchildren in sports, soccer and Pop Warner football, it is our only fall option. We always go up Coyote Canyon and hang our feet in the creek. Nights at Carlee's.
Hopefully, Palm Canyon Resort will still be open.
Jim_b
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Post by Jim_b »

You will be happy to know, the new owners of Palm Canyon Resort have restoration underway to return the development to its original Old West theme.
CowboySlim

Post by CowboySlim »

Thank you, Jim, that is great news! I certainly hope that they have retained Shirley as manager. She was very accommodating and always made us feel welcome.
Borrego Linda

Post by Borrego Linda »

It's still pretty green out here! And Palm Canyon Resort is coming along nicely. I believe the same manager is there.
CowboySlim

Post by CowboySlim »

Borrego Linda wrote:It's still pretty green out here! And Palm Canyon Resort is coming along nicely. I believe the same manager is there.
Perfect!
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

We where down there a few weeks back for a night of camping, and the green was a nice surprise. Some areas had a wonderful carpeting of little yellow flowers.
CowboySlim

Post by CowboySlim »

Made reservations at Palm Canyon Resort for Fri. & Sat. after Thanksgiving. Look forward to see any new watercourses for Coyote Canyon. Restaurant & Saloon open at PCR but will do Carlee's Sat. night.
CowboySlim

Post by CowboySlim »

OK, as mentioned above we did return to the Palm Canyon Resort in Borrego Springs the day after Thanksgiving. This is the review that I posted on TripAdvisor and Yelp:

As regular guests over the last decade, we have just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Palm Canyon Resort.
We were astonishingly surprised to see that the facility has been redecorated and refurbished. The exterior walls have been repaired they and the room interiors have been repainted. The furniture in the rooms has been repainted, the bedding replaced and the floors have had the carpeting replaced. Additionally, those old CRT televisions have been replaced with large, HD LCD TVs!
When you check in you will notice that the lobby and restaurant have been remodeled to a more updated motif. Speaking of “motif”, the Old West motif has been re-emphasized throughout the facility. Both the saloon and the restaurant have been reopened and we enjoyed a good dinner in the restaurant.
Upon leaving, I assured the manager, Shirley, that my family and I will be returning for Easter weekend next year. (May I note that our party of my family and our close friends included 7 adults, 7 children and we all will be back the Easter weekend.)