las vegas trip

Moderator: Jim_b

wolfiz
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

las vegas trip

Post by wolfiz »

I will be in Las Vegas the end of July, early Aug for a family reunion.I am not into the LV sceen and could use some advice for hiking, solitude, Native american activities, etc.
Plays In The Dirt

Re: las vegas trip

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

wolfiz wrote:I will be in Las Vegas the end of July, early Aug for a family reunion.I am not into the LV sceen and could use some advice for hiking, solitude, Native american activities, etc.
Living outside of Las Vegas I know a little about it. Hiking that time of year, unless you're used to the high heat, can be dangerous. Many people, including experienced hikers, have gotten in to some real trouble so be real careful if you do. One of the places that you should try and see is the Valley Of Fire State Park. The rock formations and colors are outstanding. The visitors center there is full of very interesting information and displays. I can send you a few Photos if you wish, the park is right down the street from me so I'm there a lot. One place to go and see Native American things is the Lost City Museum in Overton, Nevada which is where I live and is just a few miles from the Valley Of Fire. The Museum is sitting right on top of a Paiute Encampment and has all sorts of displays and History about them and the local area. I have some Photos of an Indian Dance that was performed there if you'd like to see that also. Shoot me an email if you have questions at: gsmith@mvdsl.com