Interesting e-mail

jim_dusa

Interesting e-mail

Post by jim_dusa »

This is a e-mail DesertUSA received, any thoughts on this?

Hi--- I hope you can help me. I've spent hours on the Internet researching something, and I can't find it. I was hoping you might have some info on it.

Years ago I heard a story about two young men who were camping in Death Valley.
That evening, an old prospector came into the camp and told the boys that there was going to be a bad storm and flash flood, and that they should move their camp to safer ground, which they did. There WAS a flash flood that night, and when the boys told their story to someone (park rangers? A store clerk?) the next day, they were told that the prospector was a ghost who shows up from time to time and helps people.

My grandmother saw the prospector too. She and her husband were in Death Valley when they experienced some car trouble. They were stuck in the hot sun without water or food for a few hours. An old prospector showed up and gave them some of his food and water and then left. My grandmother's husband was able to repair the car, and they drove to a town. They went to a small grocery store to buy some canned goods, intending to replenish the prospector's food supply. They told the store clerk about the old guy, and the clerk said, "Oh, you saw him too". Then they were told the same thing that the two boy campers were told-- the prospector was a ghost who had been seen in that area for something like a hundred years!

Do you have any information you could share with me on the prospector stories?
reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Interesting e-mail

Post by reptilist »

Interesting story alright...
:shock:
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Jim: Keep us updated on this if you get any more info. Sounds interesting to say the least.

Don....
michael

Post by michael »

I find it interesting also since I have a ghost in my house. The ghost in my house is fine, doesn't cause any problems like throwing things etc, has been benevolent so far so we have no problem sharing the house with "her", we think it's a her. I have to admit it's a bit peculiar but also interesting.

I know what ya'll are saying, "This guy is a kook".
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Not me.

I stand by the idea that intellectual arrogance is what causes people to doubt the witnesses of mystery.
Apache Devil

Post by Apache Devil »

I do not believe in spooks, but that is because I have never seen any convincing evidence. I watched an episode of Ghost Hunters on Scifi channel where they were at the Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, Nevada. They were running around the halls and rooms saying stuff like "Did you see that? Did you feel that? Blah blah blah." But I was alone there in the middle of the night back in 2003. I walked down the VERY dark street after midnight on a late June night that for whatever reason, was winter cold with hurricane winds. I walked all around the hotel, put my hands up against the dark windows and peered inside at the darkness. I did not see, hear, feel a spook one. Now maybe all the spooks that those Ghost Hunter guys saw just decided not to reveal themselves to me, but if they are really there I would have loved to have seen one. But I was disappointed. Someone, show me a spook. I would love to see one.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Those TV shows are completely fake. The real thing does not wait for a director's queu.
Dan

Post by Dan »

reptilist wrote:Those TV shows are completely fake. The real thing does not wait for a director's queu.
WWF is not fake! It's not, it's not, it's not.................
Iggy1
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Iggy1 »

I think the show is fake but I wanted to add, that because something has not been seen doesn't make it impossible. I never seen a UFO so I can't say there is or isn't such things. I know if I should happen to see one, a UFO or Ghost no one is going to believe me anyway. :lol: