Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

cubfan64
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by cubfan64 »

The only one that sticks in my head right now is Bill Hidden. I don't think any other names were given - it was just stated that he was known to use alias's (up to 7 I think is what was written?). The Bill Hidden one sticks in my head because I believe Jim Hatt is on record stating that Bill Hidden had destroyed the Latin Heart but I don't think anyone ever really knew who Bill Hidden was?

I don't know how much credence to give it, but someone on TNet the other day also asked Lynda something along the lines of "do you know who Charlie Miller really is?," but then came on and said he wasn't at liberty to say which could just be part of some "game," but it got me to thinking when I saw the stuff about the alias's.

It's probably not a big deal and I'm not asking for any specific names or anything, just wondering if anything came up suggesting that Charlie Miller may have gone by other names.

Carry on :)
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Thanks for checking Ryan - it was just something stuck in my head. I checked on Bill Hidden again and according to Hatt, it was Al Reser who passed Bill Hidden's name along as the person who was a friend of Charlie Miller and who had destroyed the Latin Heart. I knew Jim a little bit and I doubt very many people trusted him so it wouldn't surprise me to find out that either Hidden was an alias for Charlie Miller or Al just made up the name out of thin air.

One of the most difficult things I've run across when trying to do research on LDM things is that nobody trusted anyone, so false stories were started and told to someone to see if that story made the rounds which would let the originator know that the person he told wasn't trustworthy, etc... Before you know it, some of those stories get passed around enough that they become "fact." Then you have people who just make up complete stories either for the fun of it, or to throw others off their trail or point them in some other direction.

It's no wonder treasure stories quickly become convoluted and mostly impossible to really know what the real facts are.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deducer

Post by deducer »

cubfan64 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:18 pm Thanks for checking Ryan - it was just something stuck in my head. I checked on Bill Hidden again and according to Hatt, it was Al Reser who passed Bill Hidden's name along as the person who was a friend of Charlie Miller and who had destroyed the Latin Heart. I knew Jim a little bit and I doubt very many people trusted him so it wouldn't surprise me to find out that either Hidden was an alias for Charlie Miller or Al just made up the name out of thin air.

One of the most difficult things I've run across when trying to do research on LDM things is that nobody trusted anyone, so false stories were started and told to someone to see if that story made the rounds which would let the originator know that the person he told wasn't trustworthy, etc... Before you know it, some of those stories get passed around enough that they become "fact." Then you have people who just make up complete stories either for the fun of it, or to throw others off their trail or point them in some other direction.

It's no wonder treasure stories quickly become convoluted and mostly impossible to really know what the real facts are.
Bill Hidden was a real person. Doyle Harnish partnered with him for a few years and it was he who told Jim Hatt the story of the Latin Heart, an interview that Jim had recorded on tape (have you listened to it?). Jim Hatt further mentions that what Harnish told him dovetailed nicely with what Al Reser told Jim about Bill Hidden. Hidden was the one who destroyed the LH, but not the one who found it.

It was furthermore, he, who said that when you fit the LH and the heart stone into the heart cavity on the trail stones, the combination of both fill the cavity precisely, whereas if you only put the heart stone in it, it fills about half of it- a fact ignored by those who consider the LH to be fraudulent or otherwise not related to the Stone Maps.

Kollenborn said that Miller was a close associate of Roy Bradford, and dates back to the early 1950's. He lived in Phoenix near 48th Street and Thomas Road, on either Brill or Culver Streets.
auag

Post by auag »

Deducer,
did you know jim hatt or doyle harnish?
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrol

Post by Carrol »

Thank's Ryan, very interesting read!
There was no phone at the house Miller was taking care of.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

Carrol wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:21 pm
There was no phone at the house Miller was taking care of.
Can you explain?
Carrol

Post by Carrol »

He was watching/taking care of a house for-I think the owners name was Blankenship.on the left side of the road that passes the Bluebird mine. As a kid I was there a few times playing with the mouse traps on the front patio. His house in Phoenix was only a few miles from ours.

I had mentioned a while back on the other forum, showing my dad's note about something to do with the water well next to Miller's house. My dad referred to the house as "the Miller house" even tho he was just taking care of it.