Tumlinson Saga

Moderator: Jim_b

RMG1976
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Here is what happened

Post by RMG1976 »

Last edited by RMG1976 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

R.C. wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:20 pm New show idea.
Guy looking over his shoulder on the run after undermining a treasure hunt gets cornered eventually and not returning the treasure ,gets his his butt whupped before he is returned to the desert.
End scene is partially exposed bones bleaching in the desert.

Or ,he gets whacked after confirming a target existed on 47 site following the original script's following Travis's trail.. Same end scene.
Ehh, I don't that any of us are interested in something that dramatic. Like I said when I very first started these installments, we knew going into this that anything found wouldn't belong to us anyway.

The journey was worth it - and we still have so much more to investigate.

Edit: Grammar
Last edited by RMG1976 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

nobody wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:39 am I always say TRUST NO ONE.
There are many people to trust - but I have found its the one's that are not financially motivated - or those that seek vapid reassurances.
393stroker

Post by 393stroker »

That's an incredible story Ryan, thanks for sharing it with us. When I first started trying to figure the stones out I was hoping that some day I would know. One thing I learned is how many people in the treasure hunting community are, well you know.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

393stroker wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:08 am That's an incredible story Ryan, thanks for sharing it with us. When I first started trying to figure the stones out I was hoping that some day I would know. One thing I learned is how many people in the treasure hunting community are, well you know.
You're very welcome.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »

R.C.

Post by R.C. »

RMG1976 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:32 pm
R.C. wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:20 pm New show idea.
Guy looking over his shoulder on the run after undermining a treasure hunt gets cornered eventually and not returning the treasure ,gets his his butt whupped before he is returned to the desert.
End scene is partially exposed bones bleaching in the desert.

Or ,he gets whacked after confirming a target existed on 47 site following the original script's following Travis's trail.. Same end scene.
Ehh, I don't that any of us are interested in something that dramatic. Like I said when I very first started these installments, we knew going into this that anything found wouldn't belong to us anyway.

The journey was worth it - and we still have so much more to investigate.

Edit: Grammar
But,but,but, (motor boat sound) , Except for public television ,drama sells...

Ya, that was/is some journey! If the oriental statement of travel being a way to turn money into mind is accurate , there will be notable expansions.
Joe Ribaudo

Post by Joe Ribaudo »

RMG1976 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:28 am The family and I would like to extend an offer to Dr. Glover to review my research as well as all other facts contained in my "installments". We believe Dr. Glover to be an honorable and trustworthy man that has an interest in telling an accurate history of The Superstition Mountains. His books have always been written with passion and transparency. Dr. Glover has also done a tremendous amount of research on his own when it comes to "The Rocks".

Dr. Glover - If you'd like to meet for lunch again - let me know. I will bring all the items I have posted about in this thread for your review - as well as the associated videos that were shot - in an effort to clear up the baseless and fear stricken drama amongst the treasure hunting community.

-RG
Thomas,

Thank you for your call. I am working on putting together the B.B. information.

Prior to accepting RG's kind offer, you might want to read some of the posts on Tnet.

Take care,

Joe
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

Ryan, at one point when talking about figuring out the longitude and latitude markings for your "1847" site you mentioned... "this pattern of numbers and symbols is identical to the artistic expression Travis carved on the chimney of Pegleg's cabin. It's unmistakable."

Are you saying the numbers and symbols themselves are identical to those on the chimney or just that Travis carved numbers and symbols on the chimney in patterns which reminded you of the stone map? Also, I know years ago Garry Cundiff posted a number of photos of that Chimney and I recall a bicycle, old car, head and turtle, but I don't remember seeing any symbols or numbers. Can you post photos of the chimney with markings that are similar to those you believe Travis carved on the maps?

I've been extremely busy at work these days and have only had a few minutes now and then to pop on and read any updates, but one thing really struck me!! I can't be the only one who noticed the comment you say the Forest Service made after looking at your site.

In essence the Forest Service just told people that unless you get caught in the act (which of course is a huge risk), unless you're digging in an archaeological site, or leave behind anything of value or antiquity, there's nothing they can do to pursue charges. I swear I heard a story once about someone who thought they knew where something was buried so they just went out to the site, put up a big tent and "camped there" for a few days. I remember the story saying something about sounds of digging coming from inside, but after a time the tent came down and they went back to town - the ground looked the same and nobody was the wiser.
RMG1976

Post by RMG1976 »