Snake call 2...Western Diamondback Rattlesnake

reptilist
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Snake call 2...Western Diamondback Rattlesnake

Post by reptilist »

I got a call about a rattlesnake in someone's yard this morning. I have been to their house before, they live up against the desert and also have a lot of junk in their yard which makes for a great snake habitat. I like them because they have compassion for life and will call me instead of trying to kill the rattlesnakes that they find around their house. This one is about 3.5 feet long and very thick. It was in a situation where it could have easily escaped were someone to try and attack it. But using my Whitney snake tongs, the animal was humanely and safely caught, then released in nearby Rattlesnake Canyon.

Jerry Feldner

Re: Snake call 2...Western Diamondback Rattlesnake

Post by Jerry Feldner »

Nice male WDB. I assume neither he nor you found a local female. :lol:
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

You think it's a male? I suppose that is right. I was thinking it was a female.....Just because the males around here have extremely long tails.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

reptilist wrote:I got a call about a rattlesnake in someone's yard this morning. I have been to their house before, they live up against the desert and also have a lot of junk in their yard which makes for a great snake habitat. I like them because they have compassion for life and will call me instead of trying to kill the rattlesnakes that they find around their house. This one is about 3.5 feet long and very thick. It was in a situation where it could have easily escaped were someone to try and attack it. But using my Whitney snake tongs, the animal was humanely and safely caught, then released in nearby Rattlesnake Canyon.

Great shots Terry.
reptilist

Post by reptilist »

Thanks Greg! I am actually happy with those shots! The snake was a perfect model who held his ground and never tried to flee!
I also took about twenty minutes of video to incorporate in my snake safety video production.
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Jerry Feldner wrote:Nice male WDB. I assume neither he nor you found a local female. :lol:

Rattlesnake match.com? :lol: