How Much Did This Cost?

EZRider

Re: How Much Did This Cost?

Post by EZRider »

Dan wrote: I have indeed eaten many tortillas cooked on an old sign marking the town of Puertecitos.
Dan, was that sign given to you by the grateful citizens of Puertecitos?

EZ
Dan

Post by Dan »

EZRider wrote:
Dan wrote: I have indeed eaten many tortillas cooked on an old sign marking the town of Puertecitos.

EZ
Read it again, EZ. Slowly this time. Savor the meaning of the words. Don't read additional words into it. It means precisely what it says.
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Dan wrote:
EZRider wrote:

EZ
Read it again, EZ. Slowly this time. Savor the meaning of the words. Don't read additional words into it. It means precisely what it says.
Dan, you wrote, "I have indeed eaten many tortillas cooked on an old sign marking the town of Puertecitos."

Here's how I "savor the meaning of your words", Dan.

1) I'm gonna guess that the citizens of Puertecitos were relieved of the porcelain sign that welcomed visitors to their village.

2) That some sticky-fingered gringo decided it could be put to better use heating his tortillas.

EZ
Sal

Post by Sal »

If there are any street or road signs missing from your home town, you may very well find them here, nailed artistically to the side of someone's house!
http://www.baja.com/lugares/bajacalifor ... ecitos.htm
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Puertecitos is well known as the home for expatriatates and others seeking a nice healthy dry climate. The hot springs there are reputed to have healing properties. The road to the south is 'muy malo' with sandy washouts and bone rattling washboards all the way to Gonzaga. No country for old men or new trucks.
Dan

Post by Dan »

[quote="EZRider
Dan, you wrote, "I have indeed eaten many tortillas cooked on an old sign marking the town of Puertecitos."

Here's how I "savor the meaning of your words", Dan.

1) I'm gonna guess that the citizens of Puertecitos were relieved of the porcelain sign that welcomed visitors to their village.

2) That some sticky-fingered gringo decided it could be put to better use heating his tortillas.

EZ[/quote][/quote]

You assume a lot of things which are wrong, EZ. That's a really bad habit you have, and it is the root cause of a tremendous amount of useless argument here at DUSA. I'm sure that's why some of your neighbors consider you so needlessly confrontational and such a troublemaker around Juniper Flats.

In fact, the sign was replaced with a newer version with the reflective coating mentioned earlier in this thread. Currently, the old sign is in the possession of a family which has resided in the town of Puertecitos all their lives (assuming they still have it, I haven't been there in about 5 years). The head of that family just happens to have an agreement with the family which owns the town, to maintain the grounds of the airfield. The sign was welcoming air travelers as they taxied from the runway to the tie-down spaces.

You should consider making fewer assumptions about people, and they might just be a bit friendlier toward you.

Sandman, the road used to be muy malo. As I understand it, the road has new pavement nearly all the way to Puertecitos from San Felipe. Most of the road now has tubes underneath for the washes which cross, instead of concrete vados. At least, until they wash away again. Bad roads usually bring good people, and vice versa.
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

"This eclectic collection of mostly north American vacationers and ex-patriots is unlike any other town in Baja.

If there are any street or road signs missing from your home town, you may very well find them here."

A whole village of sticky-fingered gringos?

EZ
Allen
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by Allen »

Hopefully, the signs are cheaper than range fencing.
Goldseeker

Post by Goldseeker »

Allen wrote:Hopefully, the signs are cheaper than range fencing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
EZRider

Post by EZRider »

Goldseeker wrote:
Allen wrote:Hopefully, the signs are cheaper than range fencing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
One more quote from Allen, Goldseeker:
Allen wrote:One laughing is plenty. With more than a single laughing Emoticon, one can only assume multiple personality disorder of the poster.
EZ