Members & New Members, show off time!

Moderator: Jim_b

Desert Cruiser
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Members & New Members, show off time!

Post by Desert Cruiser »

HSSC: This is a bandwidth issue for the site. It's better to use Photobucket so the images are not hosted here on this site. That's the reason for the size limit. The size limit won't change that I'm aware of, take a look at the link I gave you if want larger images.

Thanks for posting that!

Don...
HSSC

Post by HSSC »

Lee VW, that is a very nice fiberglass car. My family had a car like that in the early seventies and they are very capable offroad vehicles. Ours had a fiberglass Model-T style roof, rear seat head room, with side curtains to help keep most of the elements out. Great way to cover harsh terrain at a nice pace that will not beat you to death and or a high dollar vehicle.
alumi-craft-for-the-web.jpg
This is a play car only we use our quads to explore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

HSSC: Is that your sand rail? Sorry I have to ask as the photo says Photos by Nixon which means it's copyrighted. Please explain. Thank you.

Don....
HSSC

Post by HSSC »

Desert Cruiser wrote:HSSC: Is that your sand rail? Sorry I have to ask as the photo says Photos by Nixon which means it's copyrighted. Please explain. Thank you.

Don....
Yes, that is our rail. My daughter took the picture. I put the name in there because I want credit for the picture. Have I broken any of DUSA rules? At some point in my furture we would like to make money with the camera but those pictures wouldn't be posted here. I have opened a new Photobucket account and will try to post larger files, with the help of my daughter.

P.S. My last name is Nixon, and I'm not sure if we are related. :lol:
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

No that's fine HSSC. I was curious because it looked like a professional photographers photograph. I always liked Nixon by the way! Thanks for posting that.

Don....
MMM

Post by MMM »

Nice photos HSSC. Is that dune by Silver Peak? I love to ride in Nevada and have over 5,000 miles on my quad doing so. It would be cool to hook up with like minded folk and some day do a ride.

Mike
HSSC

Post by HSSC »

MMM wrote:Nice photos HSSC. Is that dune by Silver Peak? I love to ride in Nevada and have over 5,000 miles on my quad doing so. It would be cool to hook up with like minded folk and some day do a ride.

Mike
We are at Sand Mountain near Fallon. We take the rail there and leave it at home when we go to Silver Peak/ Clayton Valley dunes. We use only the rail at SM becasuse of the crowds but do trail ride the area around SM with our quads.

Mike, where are you located ? We are in Reno NV. I would like to hook up with someone who likes the exploration factor of the quads. Our quads are sport models which when the going gets real tough we turn around. But we have been in some amazing places. If our skidplates could talk. :o
HSSC

Post by HSSC »

HSSC wrote:
Desert Cruiser wrote:HSSC: Thanks for showing them to us. Your using the attachment service here on the site to put photos in the message board -- although ok there is a better way. Look at this link --------
http://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1134

You can practice there.

On this page you'll find out how to post images hosted on another server -- like Photobucket --- and how to put them into messages here. Also how big they should be to make it easy on the viewer. Let me know if this helps.

Don....
I do have a account at Photobucket but I'm having some issues with it. You don't need to bother with any kind of responce but, I'd like to see this attachment service increase the size of the pic's.
Kendras-Z,top-SP.jpg

This is a pic of my daughters, new to her, Z-400, thirteenth birthday persent.
Well I opened a new account at Photobucket. No more issues. With my daughters outstanding grades this is a closer picture of the quad she got when she turned thirteen this past June 09.

The govenment says shes is to young for this quad. We have a passion for skiing too and there are no such labels on the race skis she uses. I wonder why ?
Desert Cruiser

Post by Desert Cruiser »

Nice photos of your toys HSSC. They look like fun. And it looks like your enjoying them too! Now is that you on the left in the photo of your daughter?

Don...

Glad you got the Photobucket thing fixed.
HSSC

Post by HSSC »

Desert Cruiser wrote:Nice photos of your toys HSSC. They look like fun. And it looks like your enjoying them too! Now is that you on the left in the photo of your daughter?

Don...

Glad you got the Photobucket thing fixed.
That is the person responsible for me loving the out doors and offroading. My dad, daughter, wife and mother. I'm taking the picture. I'm camera shy.