OT but scary

Pharo
The middle number please (4): 7

OT but scary

Post by Pharo »

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this go to any government website and type in
HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009.
You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

For all you nay sayers here is the link to Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Get the word out and may God help us all if this goes through.

Later,

PBiZ
LeeVW

Re: OT but scary

Post by LeeVW »

The joke here is that the teenager who killed Blair Holt had illegaly obtained the handgun. Passing more laws will not bring Blair Holt back, nor will it reduce the amount of gun violence. Criminals will always be able to get their hands on firearms. Laws only affect the law-abiding.

Lee
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

I was just home for a few days and one of the things my wife said was that we should start buying ammunition for what we already have. Not bad advice IMO.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Plays In The Dirt wrote:I was just home for a few days and one of the things my wife said was that we should start buying ammunition for what we already have. Not bad advice IMO.

Better get it NOW. It's getting real expensive to buy new Ammo these days. 40 Cal., 165 GR. shells are costing right at $25 per box of 50 right now and that is just a target shell. Hollow Points are right at around $18.00 for six shells. Unless you don't mind re-loading, it will be expensive to stock your Armory. I have more than enough in my two Gun Safes, but being retired now, I need a CCW, so in order to stay proficient and retain my CCW, I go to the range at least once a month. That gets expensive after a while.
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Allen wrote: Better get it NOW. It's getting real expensive to buy new Ammo these days. 40 Cal., 165 GR. shells are costing right at $25 per box of 50 right now and that is just a target shell. Hollow Points are right at around $18.00 for six shells. Unless you don't mind re-loading, it will be expensive to stock your Armory. I have more than enough in my two Gun Safes, but being retired now, I need a CCW, so in order to stay proficient and retain my CCW, I go to the range at least once a month. That gets expensive after a while.
Yes I agree. I've been talking to the guys up here looking for the best prices on bulk purchases. If anyone knows where you can get good deals let me know. No problem on the CCW.
castle

Post by castle »

I heard on Tom Grishams, Gun Talk radio a few weeks ago that the Blair Holt bill HR45 is dead for now, no one will bring it up. Peobaly won't hear anything on it untill the next session next year. But don't forget about, it will be back.
Allen

Post by Allen »

castle wrote:I heard on Tom Grishams, Gun Talk radio a few weeks ago that the Blair Holt bill HR45 is dead for now, no one will bring it up. Peobaly won't hear anything on it untill the next session next year. But don't forget about, it will be back.

I think the Brady Bill was well over the top in terms of control, but the frickin HR45 is ridiculous! :evil: After all, the criminals will always have their weapons, but the law abiding citizens might not. Imagine what it would be like in the USA if the criminals knew that nobody but them and the over stretched Police Officers had firearms. I think it could lead to a lot of anarchy and would make millions of criminals out of the millions of gun owners that will refuse to give up their firearms. I will be one of them!!

As they say, "pry them from my cold, dead, fingers".
Dan

Post by Dan »

HR45 won't likely happen in our lifetime, unless they decide to commandeer all the tv stations, radio stations, and severely control what is on the internet. When the American public is fed lies and disinformation, they make bad decisions. When the American public is told the truth, they always make the right decision. In a nutshell, this is why it's so important to stamp out lies and spread the truth. It takes a lot of work to keep up with the ideologues and their lies, and it requires a lot of time and information to counter them. Once the truth catches up, they usually have to take on a different tactic. Hence, the switch from "global warming" to "global climate change". It's the reason they wanted to declare the debate on global warming over long before it actually WAS. It's why they forced through the "stimulus" bill without reading what's in it. It's why they have rushed all "stimulus" and budget legislation through while declaring a dire emergency that won't wait for debate.

Holding a CCW is a big responsibility. Allen is obviously used to shouldering that responsibility. You have a lot of extra rules that the rest of society doesn't have to obey. But I have found that all the CCW permit holders I've become acquainted with are fully accepting of that responsibility. CCW holders are often portrayed as paranoid right-wing extremist gun nuts who are apt to shoot anything that moves, especially when startled. But that is certainly not my distinct impression of those who pass extensive and invasive background checks before being allowed to carry.

Mike Carona may have turned out to be a dirt bag, but he was 100% right about issuing permits to those who display good judgment and who are not disqualified by one of the obvious criteria. Too bad Jeff Cooper is gone. I would have loved to have taken a tactical defense course from him.
castle

Post by castle »

DAN writes: "HR45 won't likely happen in our lifetime, unless they decide to commandeer all the tv stations, radio stations, and severely control what is on the internet."

Funny you should write that Dan. Here's some words from Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar", Cass Sustain and a link to the article.
"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government," he wrote. "Democratic efforts to reduce the resulting problems ought not be rejected in freedom's name."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=96301

I also read today that Obama or his people want to be able to shut the internet down in time of "emergency" but no diffinition of emergency has been given.
Dan

Post by Dan »

What's interesting is EZRider, Sandman, Sal, and a whole host of others are interested in giving all levels of government the power to regulate our "problems" away as well. History shows that less limited power to regulate often comes at the expense of liberties owned by those who have nothing to do with the "problem". Is it better to deal with the twice annual incursion onto your private property by a few OHV users ignorant to what they are doing, or deal with a government that now has the power to regulate all manner of activities on your private property, perhaps some you wish to engage in yourself?

Do you want the government telling you when and how you will landscape your property? What color you will paint your house? Whether you can pave a driveway, or when it must remain dirt and mud? How much water you can use? How much sewer service you can use? Where your thermostat may be set? How about setting them at 100 degrees in the summer, and 55 in winter, by decree by the "regulatory czar".

They're using a lot of "czars" in this Administration. These are not elected people, whose "regulations" are not subject to deliberation by elected officials, whose decisions on conformance are final, and who are accountable to no one but the President himself. These people are in no way accountable to the American public.

Comfortable with that?