Bob Brewer and the KGC Angle

Moderator: Jim_b

Jim Hatt

Re: Bob Brewer and the KGC Angle

Post by Jim Hatt »

Wix

I don't know about anybody that participates in the forums here, but my knowledge of the KGC is limited to one manuscript that I think I got from Roger at least 15 years ago.

If I remember correctly, there were things in it that had me shaking my head and rolling my eyes, but there were other things in it that had me scratching my head and wondering if it could be true?

I don't even remember the name Brewer so i could have some of my connections all crossed as I sometimes do when I stray off of my predominant area of interest.

If Brewer actually has a treasure find under his belt, I would certainly listen to anything he has to say with my undivided attention.

If you want to start a Topic about that find itself, and walk us through the known details, we might all take a more serious look at his theories on other subjects. Signs and symbols are something I have never had any faith in myself. I've never gotten comfortable with the idea that someone would lay out a treasure trail with "obvious" road signs right to it.

But... I have never known of anyone actually finding a treasure by following some of them either. Something like that cannot be easily dismissed no matter how skeptical one may be.

That is why I always like to know a little bit about what's in a guy's resume before I listen to his story. It goes a long way towards sorting out the "Dreamers" from the "Doers".

I'm not saying that a "Dreamer" could never come up with a good idea or theory. But sometimes you have to wade through a lot of Deep Doo-Doo to find it, if you know what I mean.

Jim
oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Bob Brewer and the KGC Angle

Post by oroblanco »

HOLA amigos,

I have not read Brewer's book(s) so probably should not even address this subject, but there are interesting possibilities. I have to agree with Djui and Jim that Waltz's mine was certainly not just a cache of gold, and to propose that shows a great lack of research into the whole Lost Dutchman mine history by Brewer.

On the other hand, the Confederacy did in fact invade Arizona and occupied a large part of it, however briefly. <Feb-May 1862> They retreated almost the moment the California columns started approaching, and the little skirmish at Picacho Pass marked the most of their effort to hold Arizona against the Union forces. During the Confederacy's short possession of Arizona, several persons were suspected of having given aid and comfort to their forces, including the owner of a very rich silver mine. He was arrested and his mine taken over by Union forces, and later released for lack of evidence of his being a traitor - however it does raise the possibility that someone may have attempted to be of some assistance to the CSA.

I have strong doubt that Waltz was among those CS supporters and for that matter northern Arizona seems to have remained under nominal US control during the Confederate invasion. Waltz is known to have signed several documents during the Civil war, showing that he was living in the Bradshaws and not in Tucson or any other of the areas which had fallen under Confederate control. The story of Waltz and his partner Weiser having been soldiers in the Confederate army are also suspect - Waltz was born in 1808, so would have been 54 at the time of the invasion - fairly 'long in the tooth' for new enlistees into even the CS army of 1862.

If the KGC did establish any caches in Arizona, it would help if some kind of documentation of their presence could be shown. Anyone have anything that could support the theory of a KGC presence in AZ? Thank you in advance,
Roy