I surrender....

Moderator: Jim_b

terrapinstation
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

I surrender....

Post by terrapinstation »

I guess my pictures are too HI-Resolution....even when I make them thumbnail size Desert USA says there too large....SO I must not be the right kind of person to post pictures. Some battles just ain't worth fighting...this is one of them.Sorry everyone,and Yuccahead who went above and beyond trying to help THANK YOU!!, I plan on being in the Zion area this spring...I'm sure we'll cross paths.I'll show ya my pics then. They are Alot like yours;sure we have much in common.
TradClimber

Re: I surrender....

Post by TradClimber »

Never surrender! You can do it!
It might take several posts, but I will walk you thru it.
Go to your free account at photobucket.com
Find the blue box "Uploadload images & videos" and click on the small print "more options" below the blue box.
You should see "More Upload Options"
In the "Basic dimensions" box pick the 17" or 15" screen.
Click on the "Save" box.

Upload a photo to photobucket and post back here when you have.

TradClimber
Last edited by TradClimber on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yuccahead
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by yuccahead »

Don't give up. Just keep trying different avenues.
I don't know why it's not working for you, I'm lucky to have figured it out for myself.
Try posting a link to your Photobucket page here, maybe someone here with a computer brain can help.
Jim_b

Post by Jim_b »

e-mail me one of your pictures or a link to your photos and I will put it up for you.

jim@desertusa.com
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

terrapinstation wrote:I guess my pictures are too HI-Resolution....even when I make them thumbnail size Desert USA says there too large....SO I must not be the right kind of person to post pictures. Some battles just ain't worth fighting...this is one of them.Sorry everyone,and Yuccahead who went above and beyond trying to help THANK YOU!!, I plan on being in the Zion area this spring...I'm sure we'll cross paths.I'll show ya my pics then. They are Alot like yours;sure we have much in common.
terrapinstation

For a best fit to the pages in the DUSA forums your images should be 640 X 480 dpi before you upload them to photobucket. None of the modern Digital cameras take photos that small anymore. A photo could look like a thumbnail in your viewer, but you could be zoomed out six steps making it look that way.

You will have to resize them to 640 X 480 your self.

Make sure you have that correct before you try doing anything else.
terrapinstation

Well I don't really surrender...I was just upset somthing I thought should take a minute was consuming the day. And with days as short as they are this time of year I had to go get some work done to pay for my desert adventures.. :lol:
TY for the offer Jim, I tried sending pictures to friends before and it never works,I just have to shoot them lower resolution to start as I my e-mail program won't send a file more than a few MB...all my pictures are between 2 and 5 mb. .That is at the cameras normal setting...it has a higher resolution and some lower setting...YES one of them is 640x480 I do belive.So just gonna have to make a mental note and shoot an extra pic at lower resolution for the web.Thank You everyone for your help and patience.I'll figure this out,just might take somke time.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

terrapinstation

We are starting to make some progress here by getting to the root of the problem. You do not want to take your photos with the 640 X 480 setting on your camera. That is the wrong way to fix your problem. You need to learn how to RESIZE your photos after they are transferred to your computer.

One of us here can teach you how to do that so you can email photos to friends and upload them to photobucket.

First we need to know what software program you use to view your photos on your computer?

If one of us has that software we can give you instructions for resizing your photos.

Even 1 MB is still to large in most cases. You need to resize them down to around 300 KB (approx. 1/3 of a MB) or less for sharing on the internet and in the forums. Some of the photos I have in the forums are less than 100 KB. (1/10 of a MB).

It is very simple, just tell us the name of the software you are using.

Jim
terrapinstation

I veiw my picture via the Windose Vista Photo Program,I havnt a clue what to use...I have heard of Photoshop but that cost WAY too much IMHO for what I need to do and way too complex...Jim could you please suggest a few...free ones would be best, :lol: but guess I could spend a resonable amount on some software.Over the Christmas Holiday I'll have some time to learn a new software program correctly.
So hopefully I can have them up before the New Year. :lol: This is becoming more than I barganed for but gotta be perseverent....going away to see family for Thanksgiving so won't be on for a week or so...Happy Thanksgiving everyone,I for One have much to be thankful for despite the God Awful economy we are in now,remember in the end all that matters is family,Love,and treating the other guy as you want to be treated,Peace. - Terrapinstation :)

P.S. even the Aholes
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

terrapinstation

I have never used the Vista version, but most of them operate on the same format. After you have the photo on the screen that you want to resize....

Look in the top left corner of the screen and there should be some pull down menus. Find the one that has a RESIZE option in it and click on RESIZE.

A window should open up that asks you what size you want to make the photo,

type in 640 for the width and 480 for the height.

THEN, be sure to save the new resized photo to another location or folder. I usually just save them to my desktop so they will be easy to find when I am uploading to photobucket.

Your original photo will still be in your computer where it always was in it's original size. After you upload the 640 X 480 resized copy of the photo to photobucket, you can delete it from your desktop. there will be a copy of it in your photobucket files.

Maybe someone that uses Vista can give you more detailed instructions.

Have a Happy "Turkey Day"!

Jim
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

Here's a video tutorial on how to use your Vista Photo Gallery:

http://video.about.com/windows/How-to-U ... allery.htm