Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

desertrider
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Post by desertrider »

It just takes a minute, click on the link, fill in the blanks, click send.
http://vote29.com/newmyblog/?page_id=851

The change is only to the staging portion, the remainder of the ordinance is unchanged.
Tell your family and friends to send it also, the Supervisors need to hear from us.
Mike

Re: Let the Supervisors know you support change to SBC Ord. 3973

Post by Mike »

That was e-z Thanks for the link desertrider!
Mike

Post by Mike »

So Desertrider, what the latest youve heard?
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

YES YES YES!!!!

We support the re opening of Ord3973. Stronger fines and confiscation will help deter illegal riding and help support enforcement efforts by making the scoflaws pay!

Let your supervisors know that Ord 3973 can be made more effective by getting tough on illegal OHV users!
desertrider

Post by desertrider »

Haven't heard much yet Mike.
Hi sandman it's been a long time. You know the only thing in the ord. that changes is the unreasonable permit process, the rest stays the same as far as trespass, noise etc.
We are also against illegal OHV use, just like we are against unreasonable restrictions on private citizens right to assemble.

Mark
castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by castle »

I went ahead and send the forum letter. Wish there was a place for us to add some of our own words on the fourn though.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Desert Rider wrote:
"Hi sandman it's been a long time. You know the only thing in the ord. that changes is the unreasonable permit process, the rest stays the same as far as trespass, noise etc.
We are also against illegal OHV use, just like we are against unreasonable restrictions on private citizens right to assemble"

Howdy Desert Rider. I respect you as a man of your word and also remember you introducing yourself with a smile and a handshake at the Ord 3973 meeting. A straight up introduction goes a long way in my book. I also respect your viewpoint on the issue at hand

The staging permit issue isn't a big deal to me as much as the nuisance and trespass provisions in the ordinance. I have the ability to access a legal WEMO route from my property and have enough land to accommodate a larger number of people for camping and staging if I wanted to. Some of my neighbors ride and have friends that visit and we all get along just fine. But then again, this area has both a BLM route network and a connecting USFS OHV route network within close proximity. Nobody sticks around and rides circles much unless it's the grandkids putting around where they can be watched.

I cant imagine a large number of riders on a small 2 1/2 acre parcel with no access to a legal OHV route. Even 10 acres is small for large groups. It seems to me that it would be much more fun to assemble for the purpose of riding an OHV on a larger chunk of property with access to a legal riding area. The larger the group, the larger the impact. When you add people who dont actually reside on the property into the mix, neighboring homeowners who are used to a quiet rural environment wonder WHY people have to drive all the way out from the city to ride around in circles next door , making noise and stirring up the dust all weekend long. Dang, I work hard and want to relax on Sunday morning

The City of Hesperia has a 20 acre minimum for riding an OHV on ones property to the best of my knowlege.

What happened down in Riverside County was professional racers set up practice tracks on rural residential properties that really kicked up the dust and noise causing a backlash amongst their neighbors who were subjected to the nuisance within their own homes.

Personally, I would rather take a nice long ride on the trail than circle the homestead a bunch of times but thats just me. My neighbors and I like our privacy and don't want to be bothered and we all respect that. Even the ones who ride dirtbikes and quads
castle
The middle number please (4): 7

Post by castle »

What the heck did you say Sandman??? You going in circles again?
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Translation:

The larger the group riding on an enclosed parcel, the larger the impact upon the surrounding neighborhood. You guys do consider your neighbors? Evidently, something has people in an uproar over OHV use in residential neighborhoods.
Mike

Post by Mike »

For your Pleasure and Amusement ...

Coming to Your Neighborhood Soon

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843364

LOL