ROJAS' SILVER BELL

Moderator: somehiker

treasurehntr
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: ROJAS' SILVER BELL

Post by treasurehntr »

Hmmm, lots of good points Jim.
Just seeing the priest standing there against the mountains adds a little mysticque to the story, kind of gives me goose bumps ...... I'am with you in this one, not so much about the Silver Bell as it is about verification of Jesuit mining activities in the mountains.

( I can't shake the feeling, that I am looking right at something, that I am not seein )

Your right, the best place to hide somethig is in plain sight. I believe the Jesuits were good at doing just that.
I wonder how many converts we will have Re: Stone Tablets & Stone Crosses ?
Mike ......
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

treasurehntr wrote: I wonder how many converts we will have Re: Stone Tablets & Stone Crosses ?
Mike ......
I haven't thought that far ahead yet Mike. The photos I provided to Wright1 to show the Priest, were focused on the Stone Crosses and the Latin Heart. There is more information on them which is specific to "Locations" than there is on the Stone Trail Maps.

My train of thought at the time was... If the modern day Jesuits had any secret information in their files pertaining to exact locations of something of value hidden out in the mountains. They were more likely to recognize the information on the Crosses and Latin Heart, than they were to recognize anything on the trail maps.

I have no interest in converting anyone into believing in the stone maps. Most people have already made up their minds whether they believe in them or not. My biggest challenge in managing this forum, is to keep the non-believers out, so the believers can discuss the maps without constantly being annoyed by them. (Making this the only "Safe Haven" on the Internet for the Believers).

If anyone is converted by the things we discuss here. That would please me, but it is not a personal goal of mine, or any kind of goal for the management of this website.

Jim

Wright 1

Post by Wright 1 »

I can tell you this Jim, the priests in the photo are none of the priests at the church, but then keep in mind there is a 3rd priest that did NOT want to be photographed..... Maybe the guy that didn't want to be photographed is the one that knows everything, and the 2 in the picture were in the right place at the right time, and ended up getting a HISTORY LESSON in the process.

The guy who took the picture is the only one who saw the 3rd priest!!!
treasurehntr

Post by treasurehntr »

Jim says,
My train of thought at the time was... If the modern day Jesuits had any secret information in their files pertaining to exact locations of something of value hidden out in the mountains. They were more likely to recognize the information on the Crosses and Latin Heart, than they were to recognize anything on the trail maps.

I don't want to offend you or anyone here, it's just that inquiring minds want to know......
By showng the priest the stone crosses & latin heart, what was your ultimate goal ? Just to see their reaction or hope to gain some of the "secret information". I understand if you don't want to "discuss" the matter.

They may indeed have secret information & most likely do. Their presence in the mountains I think at least says,their curiosity has been peaked.
Looks like they want to get into the game as well & letting us know.
Mike .....
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

treasurehntr wrote: By showng the priest the stone crosses & latin heart, what was your ultimate goal ? Just to see their reaction or hope to gain some of the "secret information".
My "Ultimate goal" was not stated TH. Nor were any of my expectations. I see no basis for making either assumption.

Wrong on both accounts.

treasurehntr wrote:
I don't want to offend you or anyone here, It's just that inquiring minds want to know......

Don't worry about offending me TH. Everyone gets ONE opportunity. IF you are really concerned about offending anyone here, you should not make offensive presumptions.

"Inquiring minds"
are not going to find out anything using that approach.
DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK, and come back when you have developed a less presumptuous attitude

treasurehntr wrote:Looks like they want to get into the game as well & letting us know.

If they wanted to let me know something, they already have the means to do it through Wright1.
By all appearances, what they want is to win the game, before anyone finds out it has already been played.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Wright 1 wrote:
The guy who took the picture is the only one who saw the 3rd priest!!!
Wright1,

If I remember correctly, The photographer gave you a physical description of the third Priest didn't he? If not, I should still be able to get it for you. I might even have it in an email from him.

Jim
JoeyW

Post by JoeyW »

treasurehntr wrote: Looks like they want to get into the game as well & letting us know.
Mike .....
Treasuntr,

That does seem strange doesn't it? Why WOULD they go out there dressed like that?

Just from what I have read in this thread, it doesn't sound to me like like Jim and Write 1 were expecting to get any secret information from the Priest. If anything, it looks like they were just trying to find out if they were willing to discuss anything associated with the stone maps. I can understand why they would want to go to what they believed to be the source and test the waters so to speak. If is fascinating that the Priest would not talk to Wright 1 in the building, but spoke openly outside it and off the grounds!

I would sure like to hear more about the things they discussed. That might give a clue about why the Priests decided to take thier hike in the mountains. How about it Wright 1? Anything along those lines that you can shed some light on?

Joey
treasurehntr

Post by treasurehntr »

Hi Joey,
Dosen't look like to much cacti or brush in their robes, I would imagine they stuck pretty close to the trail if they did go out. Probably just wanted to check out the lay of the land. Just my thoughts.....

Jim,
I apologize if I came off with a presumptuous attitude, wasen't intended that way.
I've done a little homework,not as much as you I'am sure or even close to those who have gone before me.
Myself,years of research before I entered the superstitions, now over a thousand pics later & around 35 off trail hikes,I've found & seen some cool stuff.

I will go through my homework to see if I can post any pics w/out giving the farm away so to speak.
Treasurehntr,,,,
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi TH,

That Firstwater Trail is wide enough for them to have gone a long ways without getting into any cacti, I doubt that they went any further than Garden Valley if that far. The man that took the photo just said he saw them as they returned to the trailhead. No way he could tell where they had been.

re: I apologize if I came off with a presumptuous attitude, wasen't intended that way.

Thanks for the clarification on that TH. There was no real agenda involved with Wright1's trip to the church other than to see what their reaction was to the photos of the crosses and Latin Heart. If they showed an interest, I personally hoped they would want to set up a meeting to discuss them in greater detail, and maybe eventually get their opinion about the Latin inscriptions on the heart.

"IF" - there is a Jesuit Treasure buried out there somewhere, and it is ever found. You can bet the Catholic Church is going to file a claim on it. In the old forum here, Mike McChesney made a post about that already happening once in the past. According to him, Father Polzer SJ actually made a trip into Mexico (if I remember correctly) to try to claim something that had been found down there. It did not work and he was asked to leave the Country (Again... if I remember correctly), so it is something to be thinking about if you are a Treasure Hunter.

One of the things in the back of my mind has always been - It would be better to be working with the church if at all possible, than to have them working against me. If they had anything to offer in the way of information, that would be a bonus, but it was not anything I ever expected. The only way to know what their reaction would be, is to approach them and find out.

I'm glad to hear that you are an "On Trail" kind of guy.

Jim
treasurehntr

Post by treasurehntr »

Jim says >
"IF" - there is a Jesuit Treasure buried out there somewhere, and it is ever found. You can bet the Catholic Church is going to file a claim on it.

Hi Jim,
Just wondering, would the Catholic Church have to file a Treasure Trove permit and follow the same guide lines as everyone else ? Or would they be exempt from that process, if they could prove ownership.

What are your thoughts on this ?
Treasurehntr .......