ROJAS' SILVER BELL

Moderator: somehiker

JoeyW
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: ROJAS' SILVER BELL

Post by JoeyW »

Wright 1,

If there is one thing I am sure about, it is that the story is not word for word as it was told to me months ago. My memory is not even close to being that good. On top of that I have been reading stories on this website and many others for the last several months. It is entirely possible that I may have merged information from one or more stories into the story we were told by the Priest. I would not like to believe that I did that, but it is a possibility. If I left anything out, it was unintentional.

When I posted that story, I had no idea that it could cause any problems for the church or any of it’s Priests. It was just an interesting treasure story about a silver bell that I wanted to share. I have already said that it can be removed or edited if it makes anyone uncomfortable.

I have not been on this site very long, so I don’t know what it was like in the past. From what I see here now, it appears that the Webmaster or Jim, or both , which ever is the case, is doing a good job of keeping the harassers out, and the subjects interesting.

In re-reading everything in this thread looking for what I may have said that was wrong. I noticed something that I missed before. Jim, in your first reply on 12/09/09 at 8:54 am you said “ there is more to this story that makes it even more incredible”. It appears from the present point of view, that you wanted to discuss it with Wright 1 before going into any more details. Since it has not been brought up again. Is it safe to assume that the two of you have discussed the matter and decided not to bring it up in the discussion?

I don’t mean to pry, but it is tantalizing. Would it be impolite to inquire about it at this time?

Curiously,

Joey
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Joey,

First... You haven't said anything wrong to be worrying about. I have posted a number of things myself, (and so have a few other members) that I have had to go back and edit, or remove completely, because some people were offended by it, (None of us come here to offend, or be offended by someone else) or it brought attention to something "someone" would rather not have discussed in an open forum. We Treasure and Lost Mine Hunters are a secretive bunch to be sure.

OK, about the statement I made... “there is more to this story that makes it even more incredible”

Write1 made more than one trip to the church we have been talking about. During his last trip, he showed some photos of the Stone Crosses, Latin Heart and some objects I had photographed in the mountains, to one of the Priests there, just to see what his reaction was.

The Priest's reaction was one that Wright1 had not expected to say the least! I will let him expand on that if he cares to.

The "more incredible" part of the story that I left untold is... Shortly (about two months) after Wright1 showed those photos to the priest. Three Priests in black Robes and hiking boots, were seen coming out of the Superstition Mountains. Two of them allowed themselves to be photographed, but only from the rear. The third one would not let himself to be photographed at all.

Coincidence? Possibly... But to my knowledge nobody has ever seen a Priest (all decked out in a black robe anyway) hiking in the Superstitions.

Did they see something in the Photos Wright1 showed them that they wanted to see in person, or were they just out there looking at the spring flowers? I am going to drop in a photo below that speaks more than a thousand words could say. I have blotted out the heads for privacy reasons.

The way those two are standing there, staring out into the mountains, makes me believe that they have more than the spring flowers on their minds!

Jim

Wright 1

Post by Wright 1 »

Joey , you said nothing wrong at all, in sharing your experience with us here you disclosed a location we tried to keep bottled up for a year or so now, I must apologize for making you feel like you said something wrong. What makes me want to believe this really happened to you is the fact that it was told to you outside of the building on the courtyard, I actually went into the building you photographed and asked some questions probably very similar to yours, I was told "not to speak in that tongue in the building" later a man met with me and retold me a story I heard as a kid when I attended school there. The story about the Bell was told to me when I was in 4th grade, I was told at 1st that the 3rd statue was Rojas and later found out it wasn't, the man is standing above the bell has more of a symbolic meaning,it is a Franciscan monk named Junipero Serra, after the Jesuits returned in the early 1800's Serra was believed to have known or knew what Rojas was doing, Serra wanted to continue Rojas visions, did you notice the necklace of bells he was wearing.
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Hmm, something just occurred to me. I wonder if these Priests dressed in black robes have anything to do with the "Black Legion" we've heard about??? Just a question, I AM NOT making an accusation here.

Either way this thread is absolutely fascinating.

BTW, I'd like to say that I have NO connection to "Wright-1" (or even know who it is for that matter), even though that is my last name. I say this because someone will for sure think it's me.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

djui5 wrote:.
BTW, I'd like to say that I have NO connection to "Wright-1" (or even know who it is for that matter), even though that is my last name. I say this because someone will for sure think it's me.

We know that djui. At least Wright1 and I do anyway.

We haven't had any trouble with members using multiple identities in this forum. Not yet anyway. We don't really get into the kind of "heated" discussions here, that encourage people to want a second identity to cheer for their side of an argument, and agree with everything they say.

The "Black Legion"? I thought they were supposed to be Apaches? Guarding the mines, and cutting off the heads of anyone that intruded into the areas where they are located?

Those two Priests in the photo looked pretty harmless to me. It's hard for me to imagine them, in the mental picture I have of the Black Legion.

I agree, this thread is fascinating... I just wish I could fit all the pieces together a little closer. I keep getting the strange feeling, that there is something staring me right in the face that I am not seeing.

Wright 1

Post by Wright 1 »

Thats funny Djui5, you must have posted at the old site!
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Jim Hatt wrote: Those two Priests in the photo looked pretty harmless to me. It's hard for me to imagine them, in the mental picture I have of the Black Legion.
That is true. I forgot the "Black Legion" were Apache Indians.
I keep getting the strange feeling, that there is something staring me right in the face that I am not seeing.
Probably :lol:
djui5

Post by djui5 »

Wright 1 wrote:Thats funny Djui5, you must have posted at the old site!
No, but a lot of people in the "community" know who I am :)
treasurehntr

Post by treasurehntr »

Hi Jim,
Treasurehntr here, I've been reading the forum for some time now & there is some great stuff here. Just want to thank you,Joey W & Wright 1, this Rojas Silver Bell thread is very interesting to say the least.
Would anyone know when the pic of the priests was taken ?
Thanks ,,,
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi TH,

Welcome to the Forums.

The photo of the Priests was taken on March 7th 2009.
It is indeed an incredible story TH. Like I told JoeyW in my first reply. There are points in the story that would have caused me to dismiss it immediately, (As almost too incredible) if I had not heard a very similar story from Wright1 about 1 year earlier. I don't know who JoeyW is, but I have known Wright1 for a long time. Their stories are close enough that they could have easily come from the same source (Priest), yet different just enough (not word for word) to know that one is not a direct copy of the other.

The part that really strikes me hardest, is the that the Priest (Source) is openly talking about Rojas' participation in a mining operation. This is something the Jesuits have always strongly denied, even tho there is a huge amount of contradictory evidence that they were involved in mining.

I'm not really interested in the Silver Bell. Even if the story is 100% true, it ends with Rojas being arrested. When he never returned... Like djui surmised, the bell was probably retrieved and is no longer there to find.

The idea that Rojas was in the mountains, where mines were being operated, if accepted as fact, opens up a world of possibilities for the accuracy of other stories (Legends and lore) about Jesuit activities in the mountains.

Then comes the photo of the Priests in the mountains, which is indisputable, and happens to be taken just a short time after Write1 visits with a Priest, and shows him photos of landmarks in the mountains.

It almost seems too easy to connect the dots there. What sticks in my craw, is... If the Priests were actually looking for something in the mountains that was even loosely connected with some kind of cached "Jesuit Treasure". Why would they go in there wearing Black Robes, knowing full well that they would stand out like sore thumbs, and be noticed by a lot of people? Why didn't they wear clothing that concealed who they were, or send someone else in to look around for them?

The two Priests in the photo do not look physically fit enough, to have enjoyed their hike out there. There must have been a very compelling reason for them to be there.

From one angle it all makes sense. but from another it makes no sense at all.

Is there some kind of reverse logic being used here, where they figured that the best place to hide is in plain sight? Knowing nothing about the Catholic Religion myself. Is it possible that they felt their robes would protect them if they ran into hostile forces out there?

Like I told djui last evening. I can't shake the feeling, that I am looking right at something, that I am not seeing. Am I mixing apples with oranges, by trying to connect Write1's visit with the Priest, with the Priests hike in the mountains? If so... What other possibility is there for them being in there?

Jim