UFO Sightings in Mineralized Areas

Moderator: Jim_b

oroblanco
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: UFO Sightings in Mineralized Areas

Post by oroblanco »

Cool pix amigo! <2 thumbs up>

I have wondered why Wyoming's Red Desert is not covered here on Desert USA, but then there is no gold in the Red Desert so that may explain it! :? :mrgreen: <I know, it is in no way a part of the southwest of course> Come to think of it, there are danged few places to find gold in Wyoming at all, which explains some other mysteries!
Roy
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

The Red Desert is really unique. My mother died a little over a year ago and she still said her favorite memory of all time was the huge pack of wild horses we saw running there. It was a typically cool, cloudy day, but there was still enough mirage that it looked like they were running on water. This was close to the Oregon Buttes. I have a picture in my mind of seeing a hidden valley in the Buttes where there were green trees, but I don't know if this was a dream or a memory. The main thing I remember from the area was that it very flat. There were two old mining towns in the area. One was South Pass City but can't remember the name of the other one. One old town was privately owned back then and we met the owner. He told us a sad, but funny story. A millionaire came and bought the bar out of the old saloon, because it had names carved by historic figures and bulletholes. He paid a company to came and get it and truck it away. According to the story, before they delivered it to his location, they had it refinished and all of the scars removed! Maybe you can help me remember the name of the other town. Was it Atlantic City? Anyway there's where the gold was.

-Rock
Plays In The Dirt

Post by Plays In The Dirt »

RockyFrisco wrote:A millionaire came and bought the bar out of the old saloon, because it had names carved by historic figures and bulletholes. He paid a company to came and get it and truck it away. According to the story, before they delivered it to his location, they had it refinished and all of the scars removed!
-Rock
In Austin Nevada there's an old bar and hotel called the "International." Back in the 1800's it used to be located in Virginia City Nevada but it was torn down, (I don't recall the reason), and rebuilt in Austin. It still stands today and is open for food and booze. The owners have had rich people come through and want to buy the historic back-bar before and they refuse to sell it, it's part of the history of the hotel. I applaud their decision and wish that more owners of these old historic buildings would follow their lead. These people with money to burn have no concern for history, (at least most of them don't), and just destroy our rapidly vanishing history. It truly is a sad story.
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

I definitely sympathize. Tulsa, where I live, has no respect for history or historical buildings. We used to have some of the world's most beautiful movie theaters: The Ritz, Orpheum, Majestic and Rialto downtown and the Delman and Will Rogers theaters in the neighborhoods. These are all gone now, mostly for parking lots and office buildings. They didn't even attempt to save any of the decorations; they just took the wrecking ball to them.

-Rock
Mrs.Oroblanco

Post by Mrs.Oroblanco »

Rocky,

You must bring out the clouds in Wyoming :lol: :lol: (much like we bring rain to everywhere we go).

Sweetwater Wyoming boasts over 231 sunny days a year!!! (and is a good solar area).

But, I know how it is - we have managed to end several 7 year droughts by making our presence known. :lol: The very first time we went to a certain desert, they were in a 9 year drought - two days later, we were "stuck" there for a couple of weeks because all the washes had turned into rivers and lakes. Then, it snowed. And then it melted, making MORE water. We were able to run a sluice box for over a week! (Its also the very first time that I heard the emergency channel that wasn't a test).

Since that time, we seem to have managed to be in many other places that were suffering drought and breaking the chain.
Our friends like to call us "The king and queen of rain". :lol: :lol:

Beth (Mrs.O)
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

Maybe part of it was that we always took the vacations in September and early October. Dad was a pipeline patrol pilot for Shell and had been with the company long enough to get six weeks of paid vacation every year. We had worked a deal out with the schools where I was allowed to be out of school for that period of time, since the excuse was that I was getting a real education, not just book-learning. Early fall is a good time for rain in that part of Wyoming. I know the deal with weather miracles; I once spent two weeks in Seattle and it never rained once. :)

-Rock
Vulture

Post by Vulture »

Rocky,
The Chevy Carryall you used to travel in was a real neat hauler way back when. In fact, about 3 weeks ago we saw one at a local car show. Pretty much stock as best as I recall, but it didn't have the sun shade/visor over the windshield.

Vulture
RockyFrisco

Post by RockyFrisco »

I drove that for many years, all over the country and in Canada. I sold it to a collector a few years ago, so it wouldn't rust any further. I sold it for less than it was worth, along with a promise from the buyer to do a full body-off restoration. Dad bought it in 1949 for $1949 and the odometer reading on the title was 1949 miles. I actually had two of the visors, but sold one a while back, just before I sold the truck. The sun visor really improves the looks. That one was quite rare, since they introduced the wing windows the following year and it had the horizontal back door rather then the more common vertical doors. The back window folded up and then the back door, "tailgate" folded down and the taillight and tag assembly levered out so you could drive with it down that way and still be legal. If I win the lottery or find the LDM, I'll try to find it and buy it back. :)

-Rock
oroblanco

Post by oroblanco »

Hola amigos,

To try to get back to the subject, here is an "oldie but a goodie" report, UFO investigator Coral Lorenzen turned up her earliest report which dates to August 19th, 1949. Two gold prospectors named Mace Garney and Buck Fitzgerald saw a flying object shaped like a disc, which appeared to be having trouble and made an emergency landing. When it landed, two small "men" jumped out of it. The prospectors gave chase and tried to catch the men but they escaped in the sand dunes, and when the prospectors got back to where the disc had landed, it was gone. This occurred in Death Valley. They estimated the size of the disc at 24 feet, and it was reported in the Bakersfield (CA) newspaper.

Oroblanco
roc2rol

Post by roc2rol »

i wanted to slide this in
:lol:
I was just perusing another book and came across this
Big Horn Medicine Wheel
and thought it appropriate for this discussion
was wondering if any of you folks have seen it ect… ?

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/AO/bighorn.html

Thanks!
Ed