Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Moderator: somehiker

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by somehiker »

Welcome to the Forum Action14:
I would assume that your photo is of a rock that you believe fits this part of Cayce's reading...."to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top."...?
One question that I have.Is this pile of stone in your photograph on the side of a hill,and is it 37 1/2 yards from where the "stone marked cactus" once was located ?

Regards:Somehiker
action14

Post by action14 »

somehiker wrote:Welcome to the Forum Action14:
I would assume that your photo is of a rock that you believe fits this part of Cayce's reading...."to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top."...?
One question that I have.Is this pile of stone in your photograph on the side of a hill,and is it 37 1/2 yards from where the "stone marked cactus" once was located ?

Regards:Somehiker
I found the marker before I learned about Cayce's reading so i didn't look for the cactus

Thx Jon
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Hi Jon, and welcome to the forums!

I have spent a lot of time looking for a marker like that. Yours is the best one I have ever seen for fitting the bill! It is also very interesting the way it is propped up behind it!

There is something in the way Cayce's reading starts out, that makes me think something was wrong right out of the gate... He talks about how the area has been intentionally altered to conceal what is there.

I would look for traditional "Dutchman" landmarks (clues) in the area rather than a marked cactus. Have you checked the drainages coming out of that area for placer gold?

Best,

Jim
action14

Post by action14 »

Last edited by action14 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

You might be onto something there Jon!
It depends on "which" dutchman clues are in the area. I am highly partial to the ones in Ely's book and The Strerling Legend (by Estee Conatser) myself.

A lot of the 'Ole Timers believed that many of the clues in Conatser's book came from the original Bark Notes. I tend to believe that also.

PM's are not activated in the DUSA forums.

You can email me at: "arizona_drifter@yahoo.com" (without the quotes)

Best,

Jim
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

action14 wrote:....Post Deleted...

Last edited by action14 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No need to get paranoid there Jon. Nobody here is going to try to pump you for information you are not comfortable sharing. ;)

Best,

Jim
cubfan64

Post by cubfan64 »

With only a little bit of imagination, that rock has sort of a "bell" shape to it as well - probably just coincidence but it's the first thing that popped into my head.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Paul,

Now that you mention it... IT DOES! I hadn't noticed that.
The most fascinating thing about it for me, is the way it is propped up. Definitely a man made marker with a "purpose" of some kind.

Best,

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Did anyone but me noticed how clean and sharp the edge is on that 100 year old rock? Was there one of those protective strips that you removed to make that edge have that just broke look?

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I agree with you Kurt that it appears to have been intentionally broken, (To give it a desired shape?) but I couldn't begin to guess how long ago.

Best,

Jim