Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Moderator: somehiker

somehiker
anti-spam detector: No
The middle number please (4): 4

Re: Edgar Cayce's reading on The Lost Dutchman Mine

Post by somehiker »

Given the apparent absence of lichen,the absence of stone dust,chips and soil between the rocks,and the absence also of vegetation growth throughout the rockpile,I would have to conclude that this marker is of more recent origin.

Regards:Wayne

A photo to illustrate what I would consider old.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

action14 wrote:Hi all

I think this relates to Edgar's reading.

Kurt/Wayne,

You guys are both making some great observations about Jon's "White Triangular Rock". I have only been looking at it in consideration of how well it is, for a match for what Edgar Cayce described. I did not pay any attention to the lack of lichen growth on it, because there are some types of rock which lichen will not grow on at all.

Looking at the photo on the right with my attention on lichen. In my opinion... the rocks behind the triangular rock, propping it up, appear to have a fair to heavy amount of lichen growth on them. The largest rock in the bottom right corner appears to be large enough to have been "in place" for a very long time. The smaller rocks on top of it which appear to have been placed there to prop up the triangular rock, appear to have lichen growth on them consistent with the lichen, on the large rock they are sitting on.

I hesitate to form any conclusions just from looking at a photo, but I lean towards believing this marker, could be old enough to date back to Waltz's time, or even before. At least... "In my opinion" from what "I" see in the photos... I cannot dismiss it as a possibility for being Cayce's triangular shaped rock.

The big deciding factors for me would be... What part of the range does this rock exist in, and what clues/stories were Jon chasing, that brought him to that part of the range?

If there were any "Ely" or "Conatser" LDM clues/landmarks, that could be found in the immediate area where Jon found this rock. I think he would have good reason to get pretty excited about his find.

Best,

Jim
action14

Post by action14 »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jim

The total height of the rock structure is about 4 1/2 feet. We revisited the area this last weekend and did not find a Saguaro cactus with three stones in it. there where many saguaros in the area but none within 40 yards of it. If a dead one was lying around we didn't see is.

noto triangulum

Jon
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

Morning Jon,

Do not be concerned about not finding a "Stone Marked cactus" in the area. Edgar Cayce never mentioned a "Stone marked cactus" himself. If you look close at Cayce's reading (below) the stone marked cactus is only mentioned by Gertrude Cayce (Green type below) before Edgar's reading starts. Obviously who ever the reading was given for had supplied Gertrude with this information to be asked when Edgar was ready, and they got this info from Barry Storm's book.

Then when Edgar starts his reading he says "many things should be taken into consideration - as to whether descriptions would apply to those periods when this was put in the way of being hidden and/or those that would apply to the present day surroundings."

Cayce does mention a "Marked cactus" but this could be a cactus that was marked by nothing more than a hash mark on it. Cayce also never mentions "Needle Canyon" or "La Sombrera" or "Weavers Needle"

Clearly Cayce is telling them that things do not appear as they have been described (by Gertrude before the reading began) and that this is possibly due to someone's deliberate attempt to change things in the area.

It is very possible that the "Marked cactus" Cayce did mention has been dead and gone for a long time.

The only thing you can do at this point, is try to work Cayce's directions starting with the words... "white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top" and see where they lead you to from your white rock.

CAYCE'S READING.................................

Present: Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. [ 3638 ] and Harmon Bro.
Time: 4:30 to 4:45 P. M. Eastern War Time. TEXT GC: You will have before you [ 3638 ] present in this room, and his enquiring mind, together with the gold mine discovered by Pedro Peralta and later worked by Jacob Walz know as "The << Dutchman>> ," in Pinal County, in the central portion of the State of Arizona. There you will find a high peak known as "La Sombrera" or "Weavers Needle". In Needle Canyon, a canyon running north from the base of the peak, you will find a large Saquaro cactus, marked, or that has been marked by four stones stuck into the trunk. From this marker, you will tell us exactly how far and in which direction to go to find the gold mine now known as "The << Dutchman>> ," describing in detail all landmarks from this marker leading directly to the mine. You will then answer the questions, as I ask them:

EC: Yes, we have the enquiring mind, [ 3638 ], present in this room; and those conditions that exist as legends and those as realities pertaining to the << lost>> mine or << Dutchman>> Mine.
In undertaking directions for locations of this from the present conditions, many things should be taken into consideration - as to whether descriptions would apply to those periods when this was put in the way of being hidden and/or those that would apply to the present day surroundings.
For time in its essence - while it is one, in space there has been made a great variation by the activities of the elements and the characters that have been in these areas.
For these are held as sacred grounds by groups who have, from period to period, changed the very face of the earth or the surroundings, for the very purpose of being misleading to those who might attempt to discover or to desecrate (to certain groups) those lands.
As we find, if we would locate this - from the present outlook:
We would go from the cactus marked here, in Canyon, some 5, 10, 20, 30, 37 1/2 yards to the north by west - north by west - to a place where, on the side of the hills, there is a white rock - almost pure white - almost as a triangle on top.
Turn from here - for you can't get over some of the ground going directly to the east - turn almost directly to the east, and just where there is crossing of the deep gulch, we will find the entrance to the Dutch Mine. This has been covered over, though to begin at the lower portion of the gulch we would find only about six feet before we would reach pay dirt in gold.

As far as I am concerned Jon... Your white rock still has potential for being the one Cayce was talking about. It all depends on what else can be found in the immediate area around it.

Best,

Jim
silent hunter

Post by silent hunter »

Jim I based my opinion on the "fresh" edge of the triangle shaped rock and the fact that one side is stained almost black but you can see fresh chips that run into the black side of the stone.

Best Wishes
Kurt Painter
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

You could be right Kurt. You know how bad my eyesight is getting.
I might be able to see what you see, if I were there looking at the rock itself, rather than a low resolution photo of it.

Best,

Jim
action14

Post by action14 »

The pic was taken with my partners cell phone sorry about the low pixel rate.

How does the chipping on the black side of the stone reflect the timeline of the marker. I don't know much about gauging the age of stone crafting on mineral buildup or lack there of. Should the chipped portion of the stone have turned black after 100 years or more?

Thanks for the input

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I could be wrong guys, but I don't believe the back of that stone is black. It looks like it is just a hard shadow to me. I think it would be just as white as the front of it is if the sun were hitting it.

You were there Jon. Did the back of it look black to you?

Best,

Jim
action14

Post by action14 »

Hi Jim

The one side is definitely black. The other picture is where we believe is the origin of the triangle stone. As you can see it has a white stone surface and is black where there used to be a void in the shale. It's visibly white edge is what caught my eye when searching the area.

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by action14 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hatt

Post by Jim Hatt »

I can see it now Jon. (My apologies Kurt)

It is a mystery to me, unless it was used as a wall for a campfire at one time, and it is a build up of campfire soot????

Best,

Jim

P.S. I just noticed we have a new sponsor for this topic advertising all of the Edgar Cayce readings on DVD ROM for $99.00.

In case you haven't seen the ad it takes you to:
http://www.arecatalog.com/ProductCatalo ... px?ID=4490